Diary

18 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear Karen,

well done for stepping away from the account and self-excluding. This is a huge accomplishment, especially in the early days. I appreciate you feel disappointemnt, but I hope eventually you will also see what a huge achievement this was and feel proud of yourself.

If evenings are your 'danger time' when you would most likely struggle with the urges, then it would be a good idea to create a new routine or ritual, to change the old one. Finding some kind of creative hobby you can do quietly to help you switch off and relax would be really helpful. The best way to counteract the urges is to find other things to put your focus into.

You are doing really well, recovery takes time but it will get easier with time, keep going.

Wishing you all the very best,

Eva

Forum Admin

Posted : 12th January 2019 11:43 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thank you Eva

Posted : 15th January 2019 11:50 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

(Day 12) – 15 – 01 – 18

Things are little easier – I am managing the debt and sorting out my finances. I have been busy with work and family – which has been helpful. I urge to gamble are subsiding and easier to fight. It is still early days – but day 12 is amazing – I have gone 12 days before without online gambling – but usually increases my purchases of lotteries tickets – I have decided – not to buy lottery tickets at this stage. I am beginning to feel life is a little more manageable – I can see light at the end of the tunnel – making knew paths in the brain is not easy – but we know it is doable and the paths can disappear the less we use them. I still feel emotionally drained and tired all the time – I am not fighting the tiredness – as my body needs rest – new routines of going to bed at a reason time – doing other things – like decorating – reading books – visiting friends – is being reintegrated back into my life – its slightly out of my confort zone at present – but with time, repeating the new routines – it will soon be my comfort zone. Today I am grateful – I choose not to gamble and one-day-at-a-time – I do not need to gamble- it is only when I choose to gamble – will I lose control and gambling once again controls me. ONE-DAY-AT-A-TIME

Posted : 16th January 2019 12:04 am
Page 2 / 2

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close