Final Chance

291 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
18.1 K Views
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Morning Diary............... Day 8 today and can promise myself today i will not gamble

Posted : 4th September 2017 9:03 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Morning Diary............. Day 9 today, feel as if i am just existing at the minute and not "living", watching every penny and not really getting out much is getting me down a bit but just need to keep telling myself how much worse things would be if i gambled,double figures tomorrow and hoping things will get better as i see my days gf rack up.

Posted : 5th September 2017 9:34 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Morning Diary.........Glad to report still gf, not been easy these that 10 days with plenty of ups & downs and still finding it hard to let go of money lost but still on the right track and thats where i intend to stay, just trying to take it 1 day at a time and everyday i get through gf is like a small victory.

Posted : 6th September 2017 8:56 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

DAy 11...... Lifes a bit of a slog at the minute, but still gamble free and will remain that way at least for today

Posted : 7th September 2017 8:46 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Morning Diary...... Day 12 gf and will remain that way for today nothing much to report, life is pretty dull right now just plodding along but the longer i can stay gf the better things will become, quiet weekend ahead as no spare cash to do anything, just need to stay positive and stay on the right track.....

Posted : 8th September 2017 8:25 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Morning Diary.......Day 13 today no urges or thoughts of gambling at all nothing much planned for the weekend, just trying to get through each day still gf, really hoping as the days rack up things will get a bit better for me.

Posted : 9th September 2017 6:17 am
(@mixer)

Keep going Chartom. Yours is one of the few diaries I follow very closely because I have faith you are going to stick this out, day by day. This weekend? I would say relax and be happy and grateful that you've realised, and made a decision, you don't need or have to gamble and you'll wake up tomorrow with cash jingling in your pocket!

What a great feeling. And tomorrow, just re-read this post.

With you shoulder to shoulder Chartom.

Mixer

Posted : 9th September 2017 8:46 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Morning Diary............ Day 14 today gf, things are still very raw for me still just trying to take it 1 day at a time and every day is a constant battle but each day i make it through feels like a small victory to me, know things will get better the longer i can stay gf things are tight money wise and a worry but wont add to these by going back need to focus on the future not the past..........hope everone has a peaceful gf Sunday

Posted : 10th September 2017 7:00 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Evening Diary..... Another gf day almost complete. again no real thoughts to gamble mainly due to the fact i know that blocks are in place, still finding it hard to let go of money lost and i know i need to do this to be able to move on properly but finding it hard...... tomorrows a new week and will start it on the right foot bt still being gf

Posted : 10th September 2017 8:54 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Evening Diary...............Day 15 almost done gf and another small victory achieved,still very much eary days for me with plenty of ups & downs just trying to keep busy and my mind on other things. Have had a few small thoughts of trying to claw some money back but quickly squash these and push them to the back of my mind, do feel better equipped this time than in the past.

Posted : 11th September 2017 8:40 pm
(@mixer)

Hi Chartom - very glad you pushed thoughts of trying to win back money to the back of your mind - CHASING IS FUTILE.

Day 16 tomorrow - right?

With you here.

Posted : 11th September 2017 9:18 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Cheers Mixer...... Yes day 16 tomorrow and one which will be gf that i am sure...... thanks for the support.

Posted : 11th September 2017 9:32 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Evening Diary...... Day 16 almost complete glad to report still gf enjoying the football tonight for what it is and no pressure waiting for a goal, corner, card etc to keep my head above water.... urges come and go but am learning to deal with them better,and try and change my mindset, amount of money lost is still a worry and will remain so for some time ahead but wont add to these by returning to gambling

Posted : 12th September 2017 8:57 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Evening Diary .....Day 17 off out to play pool tonight for my local team, start of the new season and will do me good to get out once a week and meet and talk to other people something i havent been doing enough of because of my gambling (just not the money it has been taking from me),still gf and taking it one day at a time and hoping things get a bit better the more days i can manage to rack up, still do get urges but knowing blocks are in place means they are quickly dismissed.

Posted : 13th September 2017 7:11 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Chartom :)).

Nice to see some positivity shining through buddy and well done on the 17 day's so far :))

The blocks are there to help so keep them high my friend and the urges will get easier with time . I hope you have a good night out with the pool team :))

All the best :))

Posted : 13th September 2017 9:23 pm
Page 3 / 20

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close