5,065 Posts
170 Users
1 Likes
332.5 K Views
stu38
(@stu38)

Hey Sandra, congratulations on your 2 weeks!, well done- brilliant achievement. It can be a difficult road and as you say there definitely are some bumps in it aren't there, but its worth it!

keep going- stay strong.

take care

Stux

Posted : 2nd June 2013 7:38 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hello diary,

Day 14. Not too bad, getting there slowly. I think time has come to visit GP about my sleep and 'diet'. I really need to sort my healh out, not eating is not a laughing matter. Really struggled at work, it was right stresful night, my body aches, must of covered 30 miles running all over.

Had a lovely chat with a person who seems to know me more than i know myself at the minute. That felt like a proper slap in a face - wake up call. (even brought tears to my eyes) I only seem to see negative perspectives of my life, but you know what- im not doing too bad: i managed to stay away from evil mashines, i went on to see my counsellor, i start accepting help, and most of all i have got a new future to look forward to.

One step at the time. We will get there guys

SJ x

Posted : 2nd June 2013 7:49 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Finally had sum sleep, at least i know it is a last night at work tonight. Dreading tomorrow a little bit - second meeting..... Find it so much easier to put my thoughts down, instead of talking face to face. I used to be very good with eye contact, i know i lost self esteem now, can't take it looking at somebody. Shame, disappointment, embarrassment.

Evil habit took all my confidence of me, but Life goes on, and it's not too late to restore my old self. Hope and determination is still there, i can do it and WILL do it.

Roll on day 15!

Take care everyone

x

Posted : 2nd June 2013 2:59 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Sandra

2 weeks- well done 🙂

I hope your shift's an easy one tonight.

You ARE doing it- keep it up!

Irene

x

Posted : 2nd June 2013 10:32 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thanx for your post Irene 🙂

Day 15, what a rollercoaster ride it's been for the last two weeks. To be honest after last 3 shifts, can't be bothered even to think about the destroyng addiction. Challenge comes in next two days,then i will have too much time on my hands. Feel better, hopefully nice weather coming up -do some gardening ( for the first time ) as they say there is always first for everything, so why not:-)

Thank you everyone for your support and advice, it can only get better - no way back!

Keep it up everyone, step at the time

*** cmon nearly home time *** 🙂 xxx

Posted : 3rd June 2013 3:57 am
(@Anonymous)

Well done Sandra

The first few weeks are torrid because gambling consumes all thoughts (or at least it did for me). If you can compose yourself when the impulse comes and remember the commitment to change that you've made, you can talk yourself out of it once you consider how far you have come and how much can still be achieved.

Having an idea of things to do in free time is a good course of action. At least until the strongest impulses pass.

Good luck with everything, Myles

Posted : 3rd June 2013 4:35 am
stu38
(@stu38)

Hi Sandra

thanks for your kind words on my diary.

well done on getting through these first few weeks, its not easy is it but CONGRATULATIONS. Perhaps time for a little 'well done' treat, something simple that you can enjoy, even if its a nice bar of choc or glass of wine????

hope you have a good day today

Stuxx

Posted : 3rd June 2013 12:09 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thank you for your posts Myles and Stu, helps me keep determination going:)

It's been very very emotional day, but i am very pleased, because i started letting things go. I suppose its OK to let them surface first, no matter how hard it is, but at least then you can start dealing with them bit by bit.

I'm so glad i found this site, and can express my feelings in a diary.

No looking back that's for sure, you can't change the past, but there is no reason why you couldn't create new future.

Stay strong everyone, we all can do it and we WILL do it, just believe in yourselves

Take care all

Sandra x

Posted : 3rd June 2013 8:08 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Day 16.

Checked my bank account tonight - its so strange not to see horrible sites transactions...Good im getting there.

I am so tired, but at the same time i cant make myself go to sleep.

Well, see what the day brings

Take care everyone x

Posted : 4th June 2013 1:25 am
duncan.mac
(@duncan-mac)

Sandra.

may i take this opportunity to congratulate you on your continued abstinence.

you have a great deal of determination which will continue to serve you well.

your resolve grows with each post making your diary a pleasure to read.

keep up the good work.

be kind to yourself.

duncs stepping forward never back.

Posted : 4th June 2013 3:22 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thank you for posting Duncanmac.

Still day 16, got temptations today.probably couse had few too many last night, and dont feel too well today.No...need to find something to do. Its not worth ruining it all after doing quite well for two weeks.besides no money so why should i get in overdraft.

House in need for deep clean and hopefully will stop my head pounding.

Have to stay strong fir myself and everyone else. We are team and there is no 1 in a team.

Keep it up guys!

We will do it x

Posted : 4th June 2013 3:39 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi all,

First would like to apologize for disapearing from the chat tonight. Had very important call to take...

Looking forward no way back.

Best luck to all of you

Sandra x

Posted : 4th June 2013 10:46 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hello diary,

Day 17. Half way through the month..not too bad, i suppose i should b proud of myself. I am actually in a way, it was tough time and is still hard to deal with it all, but i am getting help and support, it's amazing to know that there is people out there ready to take your call and lead you back on a path you seem to lose.

And of course there are so many people on this site who offers support, advice and encouraging words. Makes it all so much easier.

As far as i heard im heading to the next stage, a bit more dificult and challenging. Its like smoking, first few weeks you find it easier, but later on proper realisation of the habit strikes in. Im ready for it, take it day at the time with no looking back. And i know im not on my own - its a huge push for me to keep going.

Im up for the challenge, i will do it.

Take care all of you guys, i wish you to stay strong and move forwards.

Sandra xx

Posted : 5th June 2013 1:25 am
stu38
(@stu38)

hey Sandra

thanks for the note on my diary, glad to hear you are ok. well done on day 17! take care, stay strong.

Stux

Posted : 5th June 2013 1:45 am
(@Anonymous)

Well done Sandra and you should definitely be proud of yourself. Every day without gambling is a great achievement. Just keep going now one day at a time I know what you mean about it getting harder after a few weeks ive struggled many times myself. But just think you could be posting on here in a couple of weeks saying how you've managed a full month without gambling that really would be an achievement and I look forward to seeing that diary entry from you. Keep up the good work.

Posted : 5th June 2013 3:26 am
Page 3 / 338

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close