170 Users
1 Likes
344.5 K Views
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thank you for your posts Stu and Adam,

Each of our lives is a story of ambition, and they all appear to encourage someone. In the darkest hour the soul is full again, and it takes strength to continue what you have started and to endure anything.

If shared joy - it's double joy, if shared grief - leaving only half of it.

Much on the event, when actually stopped to look fear in the eye, we gain strength, courage, confidence. And i'm able to say to myself: -" I'm actually going through this horror - i can do it"!

Step at the time guys.

Sandra

Posted : 5th June 2013 3:21 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hey Sandra, thank you for your message. I hope all's going well for you. Catch up on chat sometime.

Stub.

Posted : 5th June 2013 3:28 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thanx Stub we sure will:)

Day 18. Keeping myself busy at work. One foot in a 3rd week. I didn' t believe in myself uptil now. Great feeling to feel free from those evil destroying mashines. Determination to stay away growing bigger now.

No way back - never ever.

Best of luck guys, we will stick together and beat it!

Sandra

Posted : 6th June 2013 3:47 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Sandra,

Well done on 18 days gamble free, u r doing gr8 🙂

Each day we do not gamble is a better one, u should be so proud of urself 🙂

Have a gr8 day xx

Posted : 6th June 2013 8:56 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thanx Charlotte,

That a day... No sleep all night and now another 12 hours to face....great.

Emotional roller coaster, rang my parents after a week and a half(couldn't face it doing earlier). Tough to pretend im all happy and doing well,while at the same time trying to hold tears back. Hate lying to them. Still running from reality, but im the one who created it, and i have to sort it out.

Roll on weekend, some time to relax.

take care guys, keep strong

Sandra

Posted : 6th June 2013 4:32 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Sandra

Well done, you're doing great! I know it's not easy at times but your positive, determined attitude will get you through I'm sure.

Sorry I've not been about much this week, thanks so much for the encouragement.

Take care

Irene

x

Posted : 6th June 2013 9:48 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thanx Irene, i'm glad you feel better, hopefully catch up in chat some time soon:-)

Day 19. Looks like i'm doing it!

What a emotional and challenging journey it's been so far, but as they say it's a goal with each day, hopefully just gets better. I probably will use this forum for a long long time, because i fink if i wouldn't i soon get back to square one. Amazing people, inspiring stories, i just get that strong determination to carry on. Yes, i admit, i was on the edge quite many times, i wanted to give up and even worse, but hav to look at the facts that i'm still going and staying strong. Thanx to all of you guys and great team of GC.

Take care all, have a great weekend

Sandra

Posted : 7th June 2013 3:50 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Day 21

Finally managing to keep myself occupied. I know this problem going to stay close by all my life, but as long as i don't give in, and manage to deal with the urges, i'll b fine. So roll on tomorrow, next week and following year. I can do it.

Anyway keep going strong everyone!

There is no 1 in a team

Sandra

Posted : 9th June 2013 12:19 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary,

Still day 21, couldn't do a lot today, since my body is in agony, from last nights hard work in a garden. At least it looks lovely now.

Don't know what's going on with me, like a silly girl just started surfing net to find bloody sites to get my kick?????? I know protection is on computer, but cmon, why these urges have to kick in so strong and out of nowhere? Silly hope that web protection would miss one or other site.

I feel like idiot for that. Well at least no regrets, it's all good

I went too far to turn back, and i will do it!

Take care everyone

Sandra

Posted : 9th June 2013 8:22 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Day 22

Have a feeling it's going to be long day, and night at work ahead.Thanx everyone in a chat and the host last night, brightened my spirits right up. Recently just feel like i'm left in a world on my own, but it's ok, as people say " Loneliness is treatable".

Still can't get over my silly actions yesterday, what was i thinking? 22 days is a mile for me in this recovery, i have to be stronger, it could of been so much worse if not web protection..

Thank every single one of you for the great support and understanding. It means so much to me. It is very long journey, with all sort of obsticles is in a way, but i believe in myself even more now, and i will find the way out.We all will.

Take care all, keep strong and carry on.

Sandra xxx

Posted : 10th June 2013 8:55 am
(@Anonymous)

Hey Sandra, was just writing on my post that I thought 17 days was a lifetime, it feels that way, but maybe that is because when we were in our own world, precious time and life passed us by. Hope work is good for you today/tonight and use those urges that you had yesterday as more motivation for you to achieve your goals.

Phil

x

Posted : 10th June 2013 11:38 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thanx Phil, hope you have good week.

My day is going from bad to worse. Why all management decides to b off sick at the same time? Oh yea, and why not when it's huge audit in couple of days. Im right P..off at the min, been here 2 months and now they expect me to cover everyone for the whole week. Are they crazy? Im not even steady on my feet with my duties!

Feel like crying.....prob ring in sick myself come tomorrow..

Oh winds me up......

Anyway on 23 day soon.........

S

Posted : 10th June 2013 10:35 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hey Sandra, just wanted to say well done for what u have achieved so far. I am new to this site and a few weeks behind you, but reading the posts lets me realise however tough it is it is still possible to get though day by day! Keep up the good work. Try not to stress about ur job, although I don't know the situation it sounds as if they must trust and respect you if they are leaving you to cope on your own - I'm sure it doesn't feel great but you come across as do strong and determined in your posts (even if u dont realise it) don't let others get u down. It is journeys like yours that make me feel more able to do this. Thank you x

Posted : 10th June 2013 11:35 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Thanx needtomoveon,

Well day 23. Higher spirits now:-) Makes me realise(just now) how it destroyed my life. And i only been gambling for a year. It is the most evil addiction, which eats u inside out aswell as your loved ones. But we all got that power in ourselves to beat it, and no matter if we deal with it individually, we unite for the same purpose - free future and happy life. Sky is a limit!

Stay strong everyone, there is no 1 in a team!!

Sandra x

Posted : 11th June 2013 5:19 am
stu38
(@stu38)

Hi Sandra

sorry that work has been pants for the past few days, but glad to see that you have pushed through without gambling. You are right, life is so much better without it. Stay strong, have a great day today, all the best.

Stux

Posted : 11th June 2013 7:45 am
Page 4 / 338

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close