170 Users
1 Likes
343.9 K Views
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Diary & everyone, 

Have an amazing  & safe journey into New Year. I'm sure it's been a challenge  in one way or another  for all of us. Be true to you, face your demons, come out stronger than before.

I see that I've been a member  for 10 years now...it can't be real ..unbelievable  really. So many good connections  and advice on here, keep close to the site, don't let the light dimmer, but also, look after your own individual  journeys..life goes on, we do change...we live.

Have a good one all, please look after yourselves and tackle new year with reniewed spirit of hope.

Just for today - I won't  gamble

Xx

Posted : 31st December 2022 6:18 am
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hey You,

Just 1 question, is everything ok ?.  I won't pry too deeply into emotional issues just want to know if the lass who carried me through the early days is ok. Reply when it feels right for you, but know this, We're on your side.

Best Wishes San & a 2023 you deserve

AL

Posted : 13th January 2023 11:49 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi Al,

Ohh, apologies for going q this long but really appreciate your checking in message ?. I hope you're well my dear friend! I'm so so proud of you !!

Everything is OK, or as OK as it can be! 

Work is OK and if investigation is still ongoing,  I ask myself, what would I do differently if had a chance and honestly come back to the same conclusion  - nothing.  The same actions as before. Its still a bit stressful cause it this big organisation dealing now but will be what will be. I just acted to everyone's best interest...and it wasn't mine for sure.

Love life.....hmmmmm...??..where shall I begin. Wouldn't call myself all the bad names going but started living for here and now and meeting ppl. Yes, that is correct, meet, experience,  live, enjoy. Still miss ex but it is what it is, life moves on. Many souls out there wanting to love and share and I'm sure I will find the one eventually. 

More accessories on the body, from piercing to tatts so all is good, I like myself, I like my body, I like my fitness...and my gangsta car rides ?.

I thought about gambling the other day. It takes so much time. Its so sad experience when I look back. So many opportunities at enjoying life has been missed...money lost.  ..dear oh dear..but, look but nor stare right. Its good to reflect and biggest present and win we have - is time here and now. Its ppl surrounding us, opportunities awaiting us and experiences accompanying them! Life is OK, and I'm glad I stayed strong on tougher times because now I reap the results of those challenging moments.

Love to all, take it day at a time. Life is worth living and ther eis so much more to it than putting your peace of mind on a bet/spin.

❤ - S x

Ps. Clock says  day 599....whoooppeeeeee  go me ! ?

Posted : 14th January 2023 11:18 am
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hello San.

Happy new year. Wow 599 days GF I'm so happy & so impressed, I'm proud of you. Back in 2018 when I was new you came on the lunch time chat saying you only had 10 minutes to spare, it was a Saturday, football racing etc & I remember telling you how I was struggling. You spent the whole hour giving me a thousand reasons why I shouldn't make a bad decision ( I listened & I didn't ) probably making you well late for work. 1 hour of your kindness gave me strength I didn't know I had.

Loving & liking yourself ?, well let's face it there's plenty to love & like about you. Getting out meeting people, we're living & learning together. I became so reclusive towards the end, didn't want to mix but to be left alone in my bubble full of secrets & lies, I'm still learning today how to mix & interact, difficult at times but so much better than feeding my addiction.

As for your bodily accessories if it makes you feel happy, perhaps different & enhances your fit look why not. I'm content & happy you're ok old friend, I'm thrilled you're still GF, 600 days tomorrow that's impressive. If I nag you in a few weeks of silence it's not that I'm prying it's because I don't forget how your wisdom & support helped shape & guide me towards the life I have now, so you'll just have to put up with me. Thanks for your reply & making today special.

Sincere Best Wishes

AL

This post was modified 1 year ago by slowlearner

Posted : 15th January 2023 1:33 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hello diary & thank you dear Al...you're an inspiring soul and I thank you for being here on good and bad.

Just read your entry on your page, I am truly  proud of you and your reflection spoke volumes to me too.

Yesterday I randomly gave in and texted ex to see how things are. I was at the shop at the time...and then reply pinged on my phone, my heart dropped, adrenaline pumped up and lost my head and focus very quickly.  Was at the counter too and...saw those scratchcards there and had such a strong impulse just to get some. In that moment in time, the rest was non existent. Some nasty memories flashed in front of my eyes...how many sleepless nights, suicidal thoughts, sadness and panic I was fighting  whilst active in addiction.  How desperate and lost I was...just how sad and trying times..and recovery offers completely different life. Never easy and still full of challenges,  but so so more peaceful and hopeful.  I love learning  on the way , I will always be work in progress and I will stare the devil on the eye on occasion...I accepted this and made peace with it.

Now, diary, ...so yeah, stirred some stuff last night with the text and a bit sleepless night but at least we both were a bit more adults and had a proper conversation.  The thing is, I accepted myself for who I am and to be honest with you - my energy is ten fold now. I am very different person to who I was. I like myself and I know it's cliche to say that, but you truly have to like yourself to allow that energy radiate around you...and man, don't you start attracting other souls and stuff ??...I may be a flirt but I always been one and with moderation I am still a decent person lol...but what I also noticed, I need to talk, need to interact, need to be in life for joy and laughter...and so I do just that recently.  I live.

Also started talking to ppl at the gym (I'm very disciplined with it and it shows on my ripped body ..ha!! Love it).

I guess now I accepted myself, I live life I always tried to brush away. So many years missed but on the other hand, so many to look forward to and enjoy. 

Soooo....this rant has a meaning behind  it - don't put your life on pause...gambling does just that, it stops us from so many good things which we miss whilst in the mist of addiction. 

Stay well all, stay safe...I got some work to do with another tattoo ? ?...yes! Loving it ?  xx

Posted : 22nd January 2023 1:56 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

San,

For new ones turning up here you're truly an inspiration. I say that because you've experienced the real struggles, acknowledging addiction, relapses, getting to work anyway to care for others through all of this without compromising. Being able to put your own pain aside & fight vigorously for those that have no voice isn't the actions of a hopeless addict, gambling doesn't define you. Don't ever sell yourself short, you're special.

AL

Posted : 23rd January 2023 12:39 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary,

A week on hey....thanks Al, don't think I've seen your reply! You're a cute heart ey...Best wishes to you my friend! I  Am special indeed...lol..not sure it's a good thing  sometimes!

Diary,

Just find out somebody died in Xmas day I used to work with. Young person so it, once again hit me...more so, I only now find out, a month on...sad really, people leave this world at pretty young age......

I had bad week at work. Very testing and me being me...I snapped and raged and sworn and....ended up having  1 to 1 to high person.. lol..teach me well but I'm a person of speech..see problem  - speak out. I have no regrets really, apart from lil "sorry" for point stuff out.....

Contacted ex last night  didn't  i. Of course ended with more pain..etc..nobody cares and its about time I accept it. Nobody  I care about, cares about me...its a toughie  really nut cycle repeats itself years on now.  About time I call quits regarding  this emotional  stuff I think. Can't fight for something  who doesn't give anything  bk...

Gym is in the makings as I need  let out. Killed my body recently...absolutely  smashed it cause I have to...need to...it helps...better than gambling  hey.  Yup..it is.

Not much else for this month.  I keep carrying  on. Not sure what tom brings but d**n true, I will try my best to keep head above water. I have to to help me survive. 

Stay safe all.

Xx

Posted : 30th January 2023 11:21 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary,

They say (& we kinda expect) January to be difficult month post festivities...financial  situation and just recovery from December  rush. My January was different  this year and had quite good month full of experiences, dates and intimacy lol...now February is different story and I crashed this month big time.

A lot to do with work and new role I undertaken  which proves to be stressful and v tiring. Cried at work twice already and thought of walking out but it's me we talking  about...forever a fighter and a made of "steel" person. 

The question I ask myself again, how long for? We all have limits and we all know ourselves and when we hit the floor with nowhere lower to go. I feel I reached that. I feel cloud of depression is looming over again, especially last few days...dark thoughts return, no energy for my fav let out in the shape of the gym. Motivation/ discipline gone like a flash...sigh..its difficult to manage my feelings.  

I also thought a lot about the ex. What strikes me and after analysing my deep thoughts,  I figured it's not the person I miss..its the version of the person we create in our heads. And it's true because when you think of it, we all have our imperfections but think of the "missed" one in the highest and bestest  light. Perfect. We miss good side, good memories, positive experiences.  The version of them we want to see again, to like and admire.  We used to cross paths at work a lot. Not if we worked for the same organisation...no, it's just the where I used to spend a lot of my time at work, she used to travel same road with hers..ha, good and exciting  times to share a look or a smile or a mysterious " was it you just there driving past?"...it was on another level excitement in a way ....very mystic too and I remember  thinking  how many times our paths crossed when we didn't know each other...unaware of our presence. The thing is, I think we meet ppl in our lives more than once, in different  settings and if universe decides to pair you up - you meet again..your paths crosses in different ways for different  reasons. If its meant to be, it's already planned in without us realising or planning it...fascinating huh!

Now the patch I have to get on to get to work sends me anxiety and distraction.  I check every single vehicle coming towards or passing me with tense feeling. What would happen if we see each other again? 

I also declined big jobs away for coming big events in London due to the same...in case we meet with work. I don't know how I would react...there is tempting need to speak, then there is anger, pain, disappointment and also care and soft feeling towards person. Love & hate feeling?  These are the worst.

Anyhow....back to what this site is all about. I have had no urges strangely. I thnk overall my mindset changed and I grew a bit different  person. Maybe more responsible or maybe having dreams and desires now...like tatts, breaks away, clothes, self care...all what requires money. More sense of financial importance.  

I thought  last night after shedding  yet another sad and pleading for support tear (silently  of course) that I have it all..material wise...but it's not what brings you happiness..you can have everything  in the world and still feel as lonely and alone with no smiles, no joy, no desire to think about tomorrow...material things are nothing.  Emotional state and its gift is everything. 

It's important to look after our wellbeing  because all the goals starts with the mind...unfortunately the mind starts negativity  also...so looking  after it and aiding yourself emotionally must outweigh all the rest.

Stay safe all x

Posted : 6th February 2023 2:35 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary, 

Picked myself up from recent week and pendulum  swung completely opposite way and I'm someone I don't think i ever imagine I can be lol..fast and deep in dating game and even if its not that much about  connection this time, it's more about s*x and hot intimacy.

It's like I'm just enjoying here and now. Remember  my mate said to me to live life to the full following heartbreaking split up..just have fun, enjoy yourself and I think thats what I'm doing.  Who cares really. ..not if I can get pregnant ?

So yeah, addictive side is showing off again and I need to be more mindful not lose it and drown in one night stands or casual hook ups, but for now, exercise,  s*x, a bit of drink a lot of fun drowns other life's factors which brings me stress...another red flag  huh, I am escaping myself. ...but I'm not loosing money this time and just enjoying  the moment.

Guess admin will delete this post, but its all about honesty hey..this is a girl who lived in a closed cage afraid to show her face, meet people,  show affection and fun side of me for more than I can remember.  Let the girl play for now lol..

No other issues to report. My lil girl is still my no. 1!! X

Posted : 11th February 2023 6:45 am
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi San,

Nout important to say other than I miss you. Hope you're ok. Just realized it was only 2 weeks since you posted but seems like an age. Maybe you just spoiled us in my early days. If you're happy & all's well don't reply, you've enough on your plate. If you ain't plenty of admirers on here willing & ready to lend a helping hand.

God Bless

AL

Posted : 21st February 2023 12:34 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary,I'm still here and you're never forgotten! 

Feel like I called myself names in the last post but it's niot the case. The case is I'm rediscovering  myself and that takes blips, roundabouts and all sorts to get it right.

Work is extremely  stressful  recently  but I'm holding  my ground...to their surprise I keep walking bk in! Ha...yup, take this! I will fight till my last breath..

Life is OK...looking  forward to my next tatt as its in a way therapy! I changed so much over recent years and the journey  is promising..so hold the space for this story ? lol

Hope everyone is OK.

No issues with dark side of gambling. 

Peace out! 

Xx

Posted : 21st February 2023 1:27 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Diary,

Universe dished out few obstacles this week physical health wise but here I am still standing and fighting back. Day full of rest and relaxation would be ideal but no time for that. Time is ticking, there are goals I need to reach and its nit gonna happen overnight  so little progress towards them may require some of my time and energy but bring it on ?

Juggling finances right left and centre. Feel economy biting where it can but must go with a flow, cut down where I can and continue manage the world around me. Sometimes I feels like its closing in but I fi allow panic and desperation  set in, I will start looking at unhealthy ways to earn that penny..for a second thought if OnlyFans ????...here is my psycho coming out lol..

Seriously,  if I gambled now, I would be well under with million of regrets and harder life. So now, no place for quick win..why?cause it doesn't exist. 

As great poster on here from the other side said few times "take a note and fold it in half". You have double that now. Simple and so true. 

Time to go and have a play in a ❄️! Stay safe all

Xx

Posted : 10th March 2023 11:29 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary,

How are you? Been neglecting you past few weeks.

Things were not great with me. I hurt, I cried, I broke emotionally and made not ideal decisions accordingly.  No, didn't gambler spent money irrationally but I worried a lot of people with my actions.

Now, a week later I'm calmer. I'm on a journey to rediscover myself and find my path in life going forwards.  Presently this path leads to beautiful places, nature...the views of the country I've seen in the past week has taken my breath away. Didn't realise country has so many hidden gems ?

Travelling comes with financial tag however one of my realisations since my "crisis" is that money is not everything. Material things does not matter. What matters is health and wellbeing.  So investing in these should always be on a rope of a list. 

I have some time to aid myself in this matter

At least try and recover enough so I can go back to work. It's work in progress..a lot of things in life are and once again - everything happens for a reason. At this time I am happy and content that I didn't cause pain to others where I made pernament solution to temporary problem.  It's easy to go down that path, it's flick of a moment, walking through fog desperately trying to find that light ahead but I'm one of the lucky ones I think to do just that. Keep walking through the fog.

My daily routine is very different now too. Up early and plan last minute adventure.  That's all it takes, pin point on a  a map and set off. Even I didn't know I am this spontaneous! It's good to find your quirks really ?

I would lie if said that I didn't have urges. I did, especially after "the day" where my world suddenly collapsed around me. But I did speak to a lovely adviser on here who listened and assisted accordingly.  Cannot remember the name, but I am greatful!. I followed through with some Travelling tips and this allowed me to find more peace in this soul/heart.

Every penny could be spent in the oblivion of gambling,  but I rather fill the tank and set off somewhere,  stop by in a cafe or pub for a lovely filling food (o*g I'm a foodie really lol...did not know that) & I learned to do this even by myself...where I used to be anxious of what ppl would think, I now bravely take a table and enjoy the moment and surroundings.  We only have one life, it's important to make it as pleasant as we can.

Stay safe all, make the right choices.  

Xx

Posted : 24th March 2023 8:52 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hi diary,

How are you? Been neglecting you past few weeks.

Things were not great with me. I hurt, I cried, I broke emotionally and made not ideal decisions accordingly.  No, didn't gambler spent money irrationally but I worried a lot of people with my actions.

Now, a week later I'm calmer. I'm on a journey to rediscover myself and find my path in life going forwards.  Presently this path leads to beautiful places, nature...the views of the country I've seen in the past week has taken my breath away. Didn't realise country has so many hidden gems ?

Travelling comes with financial tag however one of my realisations since my "crisis" is that money is not everything. Material things does not matter. What matters is health and wellbeing.  So investing in these should always be on a rope of a list. 

I have some time to aid myself in this matter

At least try and recover enough so I can go back to work. It's work in progress..a lot of things in life are and once again - everything happens for a reason. At this time I am happy and content that I didn't cause pain to others where I made pernament solution to temporary problem.  It's easy to go down that path, it's flick of a moment, walking through fog desperately trying to find that light ahead but I'm one of the lucky ones I think to do just that. Keep walking through the fog.

My daily routine is very different now too. Up early and plan last minute adventure.  That's all it takes, pin point on a  a map and set off. Even I didn't know I am this spontaneous! It's good to find your quirks really ?

I would lie if said that I didn't have urges. I did, especially after "the day" where my world suddenly collapsed around me. But I did speak to a lovely adviser on here who listened and assisted accordingly.  Cannot remember the name, but I am greatful!. I followed through with some Travelling tips and this allowed me to find more peace in this soul/heart.

Every penny could be spent in the oblivion of gambling,  but I rather fill the tank and set off somewhere,  stop by in a cafe or pub for a lovely filling food (o*g I'm a foodie really lol...did not know that) & I learned to do this even by myself...where I used to be anxious of what ppl would think, I now bravely take a table and enjoy the moment and surroundings.  We only have one life, it's important to make it as pleasant as we can.

Stay safe all, make the right choices.  

Xx

Posted : 24th March 2023 8:52 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)
Topic starter

Hello dear diary,

Long time no speak. Have been on quite a self rediscovery spiritual journey. Did me loads of good and taught me more than I knew about myself. Integrating back into life on its teems but just may e with slightly different outlook. Life is to be lived and and enjoyed to the full. No matter how small those positive pieces may be, thaley still bring something into our daily existence.  

I don't get gloomy on a rainy day ny more. In fact it's reverse, feel the raindrops on your skin, appreciate mother nature and her seasons. Rain makes appreciate the sun when it appears again ?.

I've spent biggest part of this and previous month in nature. In all its colours ans challenges it presented. Beautiful  findings. Brought me peace and appreciation...and it's free to take in. Truly glorious experience. 

I am exceptionally calm recently.  Maybe cause fought against bad and scary for far too long. Maybe I accept things now and let it flow accordingly.  Life is what you make out of it. It's important  to stay in the moment as time never stops. It ticks by whilst we go about our days. So I guess best to make those days count ?

Nothing  else to report. Another tatt in the making and few more lined up. Still single but found peace within in this respect  also. Whi can be the best friend for you if nor you yourself  ?...besides my gorgeous girl who never leaves my side, continues to be the biggest blessing in my life.

No gambling  to report...I found LIFE instead of this self destruction.  Cannot compare the two and difference it made.

Stay safe all

Xx

Posted : 21st April 2023 11:00 am
Page 337 / 338

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close