Here I am again

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi,

I'll try not to keep it to long. I have decided to write a diary, to hopefully help myself and to also share in the hell that gambling has brought to my life in order to save others.

I have been gambling on and off for 8 years now. There has been mostly terrific lows in that time, with the highs really only being me getting the money I have lost...to go and gamble it again.

I have lost time, my mental health has suffered and it has done terrible things to me financially. I had actually been off gambling for nearly a year. I had left the disastrous relationship i was in behind, my life was better and though still in debt my account was looking the healthiest it had looked in years. For the first time in a long time I felt in control and that little bit of money was my "safety net" from the world. So stupid was I to think I could have a little go for "fun" and what started as a £50 bet has ended in losing about 6k in 5weeks. This amount to me is a lot of money and I am currently feeling awful about myself, had a headache for about a week and now owe money to my partner and in more in debt then i was. The feeling of loss and panic is horrendous.

This time I have lost so much in such little time the shock feels worse. Its like I am scared of myself, like I dont know who I am anymore and what I am capable of.

Will this get better? I would like to speak to people going through the same.

Thanks for reading

Stay Strong

Posted : 12th March 2018 3:05 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi there, I have been in the same situation before and the key is to forget about it! You can’t recover the money but you can start again . Don’t fall on the trap that gambling is fun , because it’s not! If you really wants to stop for good you’ll need to fight against this terrible disease daily , obsviously some days are worse than Others. Don’t think it’s ok to have a small bet as don’t forget when gambling we become blinds, mad , unconscious and uncontrollable. We basically need to stay away and accept defeat . We can’t beat the machine , therefore we need to run from them. Take control of your life , yoga , exercises and even helping others is a great way of distress. Learn the lesson look for help , maybe you need to speak with a counsellor? Look after yourself

Posted : 18th May 2018 6:55 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close