Here We Go Again...

214 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
10.2 K Views
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 732....over the 2 year mark now. Apart from the debt it's like it was all a bad dream. No urges, no thoughts unless something comes on the TV about gambling and even then I just think 'I've dealt with it i've moved on go away'. Finished the first year of the IVA. Best thing we ever did. No more credit cards, loans, constantly shifting debt. It will be a long road to the final completion certificate but at least i know there is a definitive date in sight! Don't really like coming back to this site very often as like I said it all feels like a bad dream but it's important for me to let people know that if you get the help you need it is possible to kick this terrible thing to the curb and live a 'normal' life - whatever that may be!

Posted : 2nd November 2018 2:03 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 794....an absolutely horrendous month financially when you’re in an IVA and have no access to credit cards but there’s enough for food and bills and at least it will keep me off the booze for a month which is much needed! I’m sure I’ll be thoroughly fed up by the time pay day comes but it’s only a few weeks of pain. Going for a run tomorrow night for the first time in ages...god help me!

Posted : 3rd January 2019 8:03 pm
Michael35
(@michael35)

Hi Shorty, saw your post on my diary so I thought I’d swing by. Day 794 is brilliant and gambling now a distant memory. I’m really pleased your still finding the time to post as it reminds us that there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel.

I’ve started going through my old diary again from (believe it or not) nearly 8 yrs ago. I’ve checked up on some of the early contributors and wondered what ever became of them. Most haven’t posted for many years and I wonder whether they ended up cracking it or not. One or 2 are still contributing now and still succumbing , a few, such as yourself are well down the road. But it’s the regular posts like yours, that really help the likes of us in the early stages and gives us something to aspire too.

In other words, it’s great to see your post.

All the best, Michael

Posted : 7th January 2019 8:05 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 839....I miss my credit cards I want to have a massive splurge I keep going between being grateful for having a roof over my head to fully depressed that I can’t go out and spend freely!!!! Selfish thoughts I know I’m sure they will pass just got to accept what you’ve got and not dwell on it.

Posted : 17th February 2019 12:34 pm
Page 15 / 15

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close