my road to recovery

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Just thought I'd start this diarie

Well its 3 days now without out my addiction to online slots well actually a bit longer to this vice but I did put £1 into a machine whilst leaving a pub on Wednesday evening. A stupid thing to try I know but I suppose that was the gambler within.

Ive got my phone blocked also hopefully getting my finances in order.
Been to 2 ga meetings and got a appointment to see a councillor.

I would like to thank all of the members on here who have taken the time to help and encourage me on my new journey because without this help I don't know where I would be now
I thank you one and all

Posted : 14th February 2015 7:57 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Jeff,

Just a quick word to applaud you for the measures you've taken and for expressing thanks to those people whose help and encouragement is proving beneficial.

Stick with your diary notes. Each day will be a challenge, but you have made a brave start.

Kind regards,

Forum admin

(Robert)

Posted : 14th February 2015 8:10 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi Jeff,

Welcome aboard and well done on 3 days g free. Keep posting and reading other stories. Support is superb here and we all understand what you're going through. You don't have to fight on your own and we all by your side to support you and encourage you reach for that better future you so deserve!

Nice and steady - day at a time. Things will get better, you will find your old self.

Wish you strength and calm road on the journey ahead!

Sandra

Posted : 14th February 2015 8:27 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks Robert and sandra

Posted : 14th February 2015 9:10 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Jeff, congratulations on your 3 days & the progress you have made 🙂

My you do have a lot of diaries 🙂 I'm so chuffed to hear you are feeling stronger now! I, for one, do not need thanking, I am proud to be walking this journey alongside you!

Be safe, be strong - ODAAT

Posted : 14th February 2015 10:57 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

its probably me posting in the wrong sections of the forums odaat lol

Posted : 15th February 2015 12:03 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks nt
ga meeting number 3 tonight. Going to be a old hand soon lol

Posted : 16th February 2015 3:30 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

nearly a week without gambling. Feel 100% better mentally. Also getting a lot of extra hours in at work so thats helps fill my time.

Posted : 17th February 2015 12:26 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

well the days have turned into a week now, a month is the next target.
Ga meeting number 4 tonight. Went well just got to sort out dmp this is in the early stages as I only set it up 2 weeks ago.

Posted : 20th February 2015 12:05 am
(@Anonymous)

Check you out 🙂 Way to go on your 1st week 🙂

Keep clocking them up - ODAAT

Posted : 20th February 2015 12:13 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close