So ashamed

38 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)

Those sort of nights are what we should be living for. Not gambling! I had a great night out on Friday too. And the only hangover I was sporting the next day was an alcohol related one, as opposed to a gambling one. I can live with that haha!

Good to hear you’ve had a good weekend and more importantly that it’s been a gamble free one. You’ve given yourself a platform to kick on from. The road to freedom awaits you....

Posted : 26th August 2018 6:49 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks Dan I agree it is what we should be looking forward to and I'm glad to hear you had a good night too. The hangover was much cheaper than one of those sprees also that and a great distraction
Day 6 and I'm off too work what better way to bump the pay packet than bank hol pay haha.today will be gamble free . I will make today a little better and be a better me

Posted : 27th August 2018 8:54 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Good morning day 6. Urges are quite high at the moment maybe it's the need to escape from my own brain. My dad's not doing so great this this last two days. I've downloaded a few word games to try take my mind off things. Although I can not gamble I don't want to be having it on my mind like this either. I actually closed my eyes last night and saw one of the games I used to play winning was quite trippy. Today i will not gamble, I will be a little better at life , be a little better at being a better me. Hi ho hi ho it's off to work we go

Posted : 28th August 2018 8:41 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hello day 7. What a day so far chasing appointments for my dad a very grumpy ex and a feeling of dread. All usual triggers on wanting to escape into a numbness but today I am a week gamble free and this is how it will remain. Level 196 on a word game I downloaded, finaces all wrote out with a plan in place fresh cooked meals and cakes, and I'm sleeping a little better so all steps in the right direction
Today I have tried to make things a little better and I've tried to be a better me

Posted : 29th August 2018 5:42 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Good night day 8 busy day juggling work kids and my dad but no urges think my brain Is getting used to thought that the option is no longer there. Today I've been a better me made things a little better and worked on being better at life.

Posted : 30th August 2018 9:31 pm
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)

Well done, you’re doing very well!

Nearly at double digits!

Every second that passes is a step further away from your last bet...

Keep on winning! 🙂

Posted : 30th August 2018 9:35 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks Dan your support is really appreciated
Day 9 .... Emotional!!!! I don't know if it's things with my dad... more bad news on people i love and cancer news ...My eldest moving out this week... the lack of funds... the tiredness of all the hours I'm putting in but every other seconds I'm welling up from the moment I opened my eyes today. Asked if I'm ok = tears
Asked if I want a drink =tears
Mowing my bloody garden and trimming the hedge =bloody tears the neighbours must think I've lost the plot. I'm not one to cry in public I'm usually the one smiling telling everyone all is fine. Dealing with there problems yet today I'm an emotional wreck no matter what I try to do to shake it off here I am.
I'm not ok, things arnt ok right now. I know they will be at some point and what won't be are apart of life but right now it sucks. Life sucks.
So goodnight day 9. Today I've tried. I have not gambled because I couldn't. Tomorrow I will be a better me. I will make things a little better and hopefully be a little bit better at life.

Posted : 31st August 2018 10:47 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 10... double figures still feeling a tad emotional but trying to just keep busy through it. I am thankful and would advise anyone to join gamstop. Not being able to gamble I believe is why I haven't right now and tho it's early days I guess everything else will fall into place eventually.
Today I'm being a better me and a little better at this whole life thing

Posted : 1st September 2018 4:32 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 11 ... no real urges as been busy doing the back garden and getting ready for back to school etc so will be early nights all round. Spoke to my son about how he/I am feeling about him moving out Saturday which has helped a little, he's grown to become not only my son but best friends we have no secrets we talk about all good and bad and I guess I've been a little afraid this will change yet knowing I have to let go as this is his time. I guess because my parents have never really been there for me I made it my mission to have a great relationship with mine open honest compromising instead of shouting i always wanted my kids to know they wernt alone no matter what that id always only ever be a call away i never want my children to feel as i have. turns out we've both been avoiding the conversations on him moving out so after reassuring him great things are ahead and of how proud I am of him I guess it's helped us both.
Shower n an hour's box set I think
Hope everyone is having a great gamble free weekend

Posted : 2nd September 2018 6:57 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 11 ... no real urges as been busy doing the back garden and getting ready for back to school etc so will be early nights all round. Spoke to my son about how he/I am feeling about him moving out Saturday which has helped a little, he's grown to become not only my son but best friends we have no secrets we talk about all good and bad and I guess I've been a little afraid this will change yet knowing I have to let go as this is his time. I guess because my parents have never really been there for me I made it my mission to have a great relationship with mine open honest compromising instead of shouting i always wanted my kids to know they wernt alone no matter what that id always only ever be a call away i never want my children to feel as i have. turns out we've both been avoiding the conversations on him moving out so after reassuring him great things are ahead and of how proud I am of him I guess it's helped us both.
Shower n an hour's box set I think
Hope everyone is having a great gamble free weekend

Posted : 2nd September 2018 6:58 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Sorry seems to have posted twice now won't delete and to find I'm actually on day 12 which is a bonus hahahaha silly brain of mine got stuck on a day.
Any way day 12 Is gamble free
I've been a better me. Made things a bit better and been abit better at life

Posted : 2nd September 2018 7:01 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 13 ... back to school this morn and all is going smoothly. Busy week ahead with packing with my eldest, dad and the other rugrats. Feeling like things are a little more acheviable a long road ahead but if that brings peace of mind then has to be worth it
Have a good day all

Posted : 3rd September 2018 8:13 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Goodnight day 14 ... nothing really to report no urges ... just school work... new projects on the community front so plenty to be keeping me busy
Today I have been a much better me... made things a little better and been a bit better at life

Posted : 4th September 2018 10:14 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 15 .... seems weird how fast the days are passing altho there feeling much longer like I've more time to do things. Kids are in bed and first real urge of the day.... loneliness I guess is one of the triggers more time to think about all the things I don't want too. So here I am checking in today is and will be a gamble free day (because I cant which is the best thing I have even done) retraining the brain one day at a time. Today I've been a better me made things a little better and been a little better at life

Posted : 5th September 2018 8:03 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

Keep going. You're doing really well. Hit back at the urges... Keep busy... Bury them under tasks... Tomorrow you'll wake up and feel great.

Posted : 5th September 2018 8:55 pm
Page 2 / 3

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close