So ashamed

38 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks signalman I've done just that nice hot bath and I'm going to try for an early night after a read or two

Posted : 5th September 2018 9:20 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 16... productive day work kids and dad front and feeling ok in myself. Finding I'm sleeping a little better and counting my blessings. I guess no matter how bad things are u have to look and appreciate what's good so what I may be broke I'm rich in love from my kids and in a much better position than some a roof over our heads health family and friends Reminding myself and hopefully reminding anyone that reads this that each day is a new day and we can win one day at a time. Today I've been a better me made things a little better and been better at life

Posted : 6th September 2018 8:34 pm
sjw
 sjw
(@sjw)

Sounds like a good day. Life is up and down, some days just are tougher but we often forget what we do have. If you can love who you are and share that with a happy family the rest is just gravy. It takes a while to get that self respect once lost in compulsive gambling but if you remain as you are and work on the thing you can change (you) and work on being better everyday that all you can ask of yourself.

It all starts with the choice not to gamble. It doesn't always feel like a choice but thats where you have to be open and honest with yourself and others. Block your path FULLY to the option of gambling. Make that choice to take your gamblers voice away in them tought times.

All the best.

Posted : 6th September 2018 8:44 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks sjw... you are completely right all my gambling was online and as signed up to gamstop for the max amounts of time I do believe that's the reason I haven't. I'm still on one day at a time to change the mindset so I can live a gamble free life and be the better version of me.
It's amazing as the days go by u remember all the things it changed about you not only taking your time. Self respect. Friendships
Here's to day 17 being gamble free and another step in the right direction. Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go

Posted : 7th September 2018 8:40 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Goodnight day 18 ... today has been a very emotional day my baby left for uni ... my other sons at there dad's so home alone this eve I have taken a soak watched a film cried and thought. Today I've hated myself thinking of the money id squandered gambling when today id have loved to have been handing that to my boy Instead of the lame a*s gift I managed to pull together, questioning myself will his opinion of me change as he goes out into the big wide world ?? My son is studying to become a clinical pyscologist I couldn't be prouder but am I the reason he's choose this path ?? Anyway I am going to try sleep
Today I haven't gambled and I have faced life head on.

Posted : 8th September 2018 11:44 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 19 ... busy day again no real gambling urges today untill now when ive just climbed into bed so here I am. I hope the point comes when I can just sit and that not be my first thought. Can't quite believe 19 days have passed so quickly so not much else to report I'm signing off doing a little better at being me at doing life and making things a little better one day at a time

Posted : 9th September 2018 10:44 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Checking in day 21 busy few days no urges as haven't had time to even think about it so nothing really to report
Making things a little better every day
Being a better me
Being a little better at life

Posted : 11th September 2018 9:59 pm
anon1982
(@anon1982)

Hi tt

I don't know if you remember me but we started this journey several years ago almost at the same time. Needless to say I am back on here as I have managed to beat this demon and sad to see that you're in the same boat. I notice you have posted since September --m hoping this is because things are going well with tackling the horrible illness. I hope you're well.

I haven't posted on here for a few years but as everything has spiralled out of control, this is where I need to be. I hope you are doing well and would love to see an update on your thread.

Sorry if you don't remember me but you were one of few people I posted a lot with and came on the site to see your updates over the last few years.

I hope you had a great Christmas and New year.

Bex

Posted : 4th January 2019 2:02 am
Page 3 / 3

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close