The 100 Days Club - Would you like to join?

539 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
63.3 K Views
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Good evening!  I’ve been out tonight, as I  am every Monday, but will have a full update and replies to all posts tomorrow.  Meantime, keep g**ling free everyone. It really is the only way to be!

Mixer

Posted : 3rd February 2020 10:48 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good afternoon! ***

I hope you're keeping well on this bright and blusterly day.  So long as we keep to our daily vow, we'll be Ok. We really will be in a better position than the alternative, whatever life might throw at us.  Let's never lose sight of that simple truth.

Adam - I'm glad you enjoyed the Desiderata.  I agree that it's brilliant and worth keeping close to hand for times when life throws us curveballs.  We all matter; we are all cogs in the wheel whatever we do and the wheel won't turn without us.

Changing habit - If there's one maxim to live by then you've hit on it exactly. Treat others as we would like to be treated.  If everyone did that, what a wonderful world it would be.  But as long as we're doing 'our bit' and watching out for those with nefarious intent.

Lewis - Great to read your latest update and that you're loving life.  Because, ups and downs an' all, we all should embrace this life we've been given.  To the outsider looking in, it seems odd that we have thrown so much money away; both curious and heartbreaking.  But we all all working on that, one day at a time!!!

Here's how we're doing.  Let's add to our honorary member list, let's all get smileys!  Can we?  Only you know the answer!  We've added a smiley since last week - Mark (Russ) has smashed through the 10 month milestone!  That's terrific Mark, truly.  

MikeD – 19th Apr 2020
Zoe – 10th Apr 2020
Bigmug - 29th Apr 2020
Debbie4 – 28th April 2020
Russ (Mark) - 2nd Feb 2020  ? 10 months GF! Fantastic!
Adam123 - Reached target ? new target --> 5th March. 
Franco1875 - 19th Mar 2020 
Spendlikewater84 - Hon. Member! ? 
Ineffable - 21st Feb 2020 
EsoxLucius - 28th Feb 2020 
Mixer - 13th March 2020 
LewisMG - 12th April 2020 
Spendspendspend - Hon. member! ? 
Boo - Hon. Member! Yeesss! ? Extra settling-in period --> 20th Feb! ?
Fighter1 - Hon. Member ! ?
Bertieboo - 10th Mar 2020
Fir tree - 28th Mar 2020
Changing habit - Hon Member ? --> new target 26th Jan 2021
Danpo 7th Mar 2020
Murlo 11th Feb 2020
Determined to Stop 1st March 2020

" Just for today, I choose not to gamble.  I am grateful that I live in a country where I am able to make decisions like this; I have freedom of choice.  Just for today, I will not abuse this priviledge."

Mixer

Posted : 4th February 2020 2:18 pm
(@adam123)

keep strong murlo, next Tuesday will be the 100 day mark horray!!!!!! lets do this

Posted : 4th February 2020 9:47 pm
Bigmug
(@bigmug)

Still on track 15 days gf tbh not really been tempted to g@@ble,hope my mindset stays this way

Posted : 4th February 2020 10:18 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good afternoon! ***

Here we are mid-way through the week.  It's see-saw day; it could go either way!   So long as we remind ourselves of our vow, just for today.  Whether we have the "readies" or not - and hopefully they are out of reach - we will be more self-aware of wanting a more fulfilling life and less self-aware in other ways because we're paying more interest in others.  Never a bad thing.

Adam - yep. there are a few of us looking forward to next week.  I never want to be the hex and so will not mention it till it happens ... 🙂

Bigmug - keeping that mindset one day at a time is what it takes.  We will always have good days and bad days. For bad days, that's when our continuous blocks come in.  So we can't g**ble even if we 'want' to.

"Just for today, I choose not to g**ble.  If I have extra money, as will eventualy happen, I will spend it on substantial stuff and not throw it away which makes zero sense.   I want to live life as it should be lived; the rollercoaster it is!"

Mixer

Posted : 5th February 2020 5:04 pm
(@lewismg)

Hi everyone I hope you are all doing well?

Busy few days but ploughing through!

LMG

Posted : 5th February 2020 7:32 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good afternoon! ***

And I hope you're all keeping well this Thursday.  A nice, bright sunny day where I am - I hope it's similarly pleasant or not too bad where you are.

Ineffable - Believe it or not, I only first became aware of the Desiderata last week.   I took a look on Google Images and it's clear many people use it as a comfort duruing their busy lives.  Here's hoping you have an enjoyable weekend with a bit more 'daylight' to relax and do more of the things you want to do.

Lewis - keep pushing through, one day at a time!  To me, it's all about relinquishing financial control.  No other way for me, that's just the way it is.  Horses for courses and whatever works for you, Lewis, I hope will continue to work for you.

Smileys are continuing to permeate the list below.  But if you're struggling, or have stumbled, do not worry.  So long as you're wiser from it, and have 'plugged the gap' that caused the blip, just have another go.  Don't worry you're back to 'Day 1'; remember, that's not what really counts.  It's how far away you are from your next bet.  Every day you're recovering you're g***ling-free, whether on Day 1 or Day 1000000.    However, if you are able to get +1 today that's to be applauded.   And stringing lots of these together especially so!

We're all in this together, through think or thin 🙂

MikeD – 19th Apr 2020
Zoe – 10th Apr 2020
Bigmug - 29th Apr 2020
Mixer - 13th March 2020 
Fir tree - 28th Mar 2020
Danpo 7th Mar 2020
Murlo 11th Feb 2020

"Just for today - Naaaaa.  I choose not to gamble.  For me.  For those around me."

Mixer

Posted : 6th February 2020 1:32 pm
(@lewismg)

Good evening everyone!

How amazing has the weather been today! It was a cold start in the South East but was lovely when the sun came out!

Mixer. I too have relinquished financial control to my wife for over two years now. That was when my gambling was really bad and we tackled it for the first time. But over time, things relaxed and we thought we had tackled the problem and I was allowed a bit of freedom with money. Things got a bit s**t at work and before I knew it I was back in my       “care free place” (the bookies) doing it again! So we went back to square one again and things were going well, then a few times over Christmas and in the new year, for no reason at all, I gambled! So again I’m back to no contact with money, but my wife lets me see/spend money without actually touching it, and making plans with her and our kids! I work with my brother which helps too as he is supporting me at work, and then I have you guys! I have been GF since the 3rd of January, 34 days. And that’s great, but being aware every day that I don’t want to gamble means making plans to avoid temptation, but remembering it’s always there!

LMG

Posted : 6th February 2020 9:16 pm
(@lewismg)

Hay 100 club how are we all doing?

The weekend is upon us and although I am working tomorrow, my boss let me finish early today and even dropped me to the pub! So I have had a couple and still home early enough to spend time with the family. Day 35 and I am happy to have not gambled again today.

LMG

Posted : 7th February 2020 8:59 pm
(@changing-habit)

Well done Lewis keep up the good work. I've been not well the last couple of days but still at work. I start a new job soon and I can't wait. A lot more balance in my new job but a lot of pre training first. I hope all are doing well. Just for this day I will not do the Devils work. All the best. 

Posted : 7th February 2020 9:07 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Day 96 just about over. Getting ever closer ...

Posted : 8th February 2020 12:58 am
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good evening! ***

And hoping you're all well this Saturday night.  It's great to see the Group Chat so well subscribed as I write! And some terrific g***ling-free days being build up.  Even if you're starting again, each day counts.

Here's how we're all doing!  I've added a month to your target, Russ (Mark) - sound idea. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.  Often, shorter targets make the objective sweeter.

MikeD – 19th Apr 2020
Zoe – 10th Apr 2020
Bigmug - 29th Apr 2020
Mixer - 13th March 2020 
Fir tree - 28th Mar 2020
Danpo 7th Mar 2020
Murlo 11th Feb 2020

Lewis - great to see you've adopted a sound strategy; handing over financial control.  Day 35 has been hard-won and you are venturing forth in the right direction.

Changing Habit - G***ling is the devil's work as far as we are concerned, you're exactly right. We are not going to do that insolent, damaging imp's bidding.

Murlo - a fantastic achievement imminent. Dare I get the Gamcare bunting ready ... I think I should!

I apologise for the shorter updates from me at the moment - I'm back on the meds on doctor's orders and, predictably, they are tiring me out.   But no pain / no gain.  But I remain resolute and with you all the way!

"Just for today, I choose to do the best thing I could possible do today bar none.  And that's too choose not to g***le."

Mixer

Posted : 8th February 2020 9:34 pm
(@adam123)

Just counted up 100 days on calender and I think 100 days for me is actually 13th march? I started last gambling day Tuesday 3rd dec 19. think I got it wrong when I counted on new years..... any how happy sunday I feel much more rested 15 hours sleep will do that lol....

This post was modified 4 years ago by adam123

Posted : 9th February 2020 7:56 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good evening! ***

I hope it's not too... wet and windy where you are.  Quite a storm rocking the UK right now ... I hope that wherever you are, whatever you're doing you're safe and well.

We're doing grand, everyone.  One day at a time.  Adam, the 13th March it is!

MikeD – 19th Apr 2020
Zoe – 10th Apr 2020
Bigmug - 29th Apr 2020
Adam123 - Reached target ? new target --> 13th March. 
Mixer - 13th March 2020 
Fir tree - 28th Mar 2020
Danpo 7th Mar 2020
Murlo 11th Feb 2020

Take care everyone, let's keep strong.

Mixer

Posted : 9th February 2020 9:51 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Afternoon Mixer,

I am submitting my application today to become an honorary member of the 100 day club. I made it ?. Next milestone to be advised. Thank you for running this wonderful club x

Posted : 11th February 2020 5:10 pm
Page 30 / 36

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close