The 100 Days Club - Would you like to join?

539 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
63.3 K Views
Danpo1989
(@danpo1989)

Hello ladies and gentlemen, just a quick question. Has anybody on here been to a ga meeting I'm going to be attending my very first one tomorrow and nervous about it. I suffer from quite severe anxiety, I worry about everything. I cant stop thinking I'm gunna go there and just plug up not say a word, but that's not what I want. I want to be able to let everything out, on the other hand I dont want to take over the whole session because that's just selfish. I really dont know what to expect.

Today is going to be another day withought the devil in our life, stay positive guys. If anyone ever needs a chat I'm always here. Check out my dairies if you're ever feeling week and vulnerable,  trust me that will push you away from the devil. 

Peace out all.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Danpo1989

Posted : 11th December 2019 8:16 am
(@boo-radley)

This really is an easier bit isn't it mixer putting it on paper so to speak... 

But I imagine you will be fine.. I can't help with your questions about meetings sorry but I hope you get all the support you need and your as actors say first night nerves don't hamper you too much

Boo ?. 

Posted : 11th December 2019 9:08 am
(@changing-habit)

Murlo I would suggest you turn up and say you have a lot to say but maybe just ask to listen in your first meeting as you are a bit nervous. I've been and they will make you feel very welcome and we are all the same and have the same Devil to deal with. If all else fails to imagine them all in there underwear. He he. All the best and try not to over think things. 

Posted : 11th December 2019 9:23 am
Murlo
(@murlo)

I think the last post was meant for Danpo?

have a great day Mixer

Posted : 11th December 2019 9:35 am
(@changing-habit)

Sorry Murlo. Was meant for Danpo. 

Posted : 11th December 2019 12:46 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Evening update ***

Good evening everyone! 

You've had great advice tonight Danpo.  The upshot is - go to the meeting. Don't worry about how it goes; there will be someone who helps direct proceedings.  You might meet someone you know; that's fine, you're all constructively there for a reason. It's confidential anyway.  Listen .... and join in.  Open your mind.  Nothing to fear.

Tonight, I went to the pub for a post-Christmas drink with some work colleagues.  Unfortunately, where I sat there was a fruit machine in my side view with an elderly chap pumping money in it.  He left it without success.  (I couldn't help but notice; habit, I guess.) . Now --- I could have gone on it. I probably would have made a small profit. The devil tapped my shoulder.

But --- I then thought, at the time, what would happen? 

Well, firstly, I would be letting myself down.

And my family down. 

And my colleagues down - "off he goes again".

And YOU down, including Fighter1, who's leading the charge today. 

I might well have won. 

Because what would I have done with my 'winnings'? Spent it back pretty soon, inevitably, and then some more. We never win so let's not start.  Even if there's a "cert", like a "free deposit bonus" or so on.  It's fool's gold.  It's not real. 

I flicked the devil off of my shoulder in no uncertain terms. 

P.S. I only had a few pounds on me - pocket money - but that's not the point. 

Tomorrow, let's support Boo! Boo, Boo, this is for you. (And I'm a poet and don't I just know it!). We're behind you with the support of all of the hardy souls on our Challenge here.

In preparation for tomorrow, "we choose not to g******. We want life, rather than the misery it brings."

Here are our personal targets.  As always, I've mixed the order around.

Boo                                      17th Jan 2020

Fighter1                            Hon. Member ?  <-- our target is to reach and stay there!

Changing habit               28th Jan 2020

Danpo                                7th Mar 2020

Murlo                                11th Feb 2020

Determined to Stop        1st March 2020

Stephen                            10th Feb 2020

Adam123                            31st Dec 2019

Franco1875                       19th Mar 2020

Spendlikewater84          23rd Dec 2019

Ineffable                            21st Feb 2020

EsoxLucius                       28th Feb 2020

Mixer                                  13th March 2020

Goodnight everyone. (Oh, and for anyone on Group Chat tonight. I had to leave before the end; I wasn't being rude by not responding to everyone; I simply wasn't about!)

Let's keep the faith; let's keep going.  Just for one day. That's all!

This post was modified 4 years ago by Mixer
This post was modified 4 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 11th December 2019 11:36 pm
(@determined-to-stop)

Glad to see everyone keeping it up.  I’ve been working 14 hour days. (Busiest time of year for my trade ). And guess what.  I’ve paid quite a few debts , I’ve got a nice bit Set aside for Xmas presents for my loved ones.  Which incidentally I thought I’d have no chance of buying just 18 days ago.  Unfortunately I have nobody to hand control of my money to as as mentioned in my opening post my wife passed away in 2016. 
yea I’ve been busy but the thoughts of gambling are far from my mind.  Please let this continue to be the case.  Thanks everyone for your input to the forum which for today has stopped me from gambling.  Wish everyone and gambling free rest of today and tomorrow!! 

Posted : 12th December 2019 12:15 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

No problem with a 100 days even stood on my head

For each day will be over when I'm fast asleep in bed

And there are many other things to occupy my mind

By looking with an open mind who knows what I might find

Posted : 12th December 2019 1:38 am
(@boo-radley)

Oooo thank you... Feel like I've just received an Oscar.. Thanks Mr. Mixer and all on here.. Onward we march ?

Posted : 12th December 2019 8:37 am
(@boo-radley)

Well done.. ?

Posted : 12th December 2019 8:39 am
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good morning! ***

And an extra special one for Boo today, because we are thinking of you and basking in the glow of your decision to choose not to g***** today.  That's the correct decision.  Just for today - that's all we ask.  We'll do the same, if you do. "Simples!"

Determined to Stop - great to see you're keeping busy and, isn't it interesting to notice how money quickly accumulates again when we decide to not do the devil's bidding one day at a time?  It soon adds up.  And there's never any shortage of things to do with that money.  How many smiles can it 'buy'?  What peace of mind can it deliver?  The correct use of money is priceless.   (I was saddened to read of your loss, DtS.  She will live on, forever, in your memories which will never tarnish 🙂 )

Stephen - Another fantastic ditty. And your final verse represents the prize will all seek:

By looking with an open mind who knows what I might find

I think we will be pleasantly surprised by what we might find; dare I say it, our lives will be more fulfilled...

You'll note I'm not saying 'happier', I'm saying 'fulfilled'.

There's a difference. Happiness is often linked to hedonism and can be a fleeting emotional state. Fulfillment, on the other hand, is a quality of well-being that is linked to a sense of purpose in life. However, it's great to be happy (of course!) but led by the aim of being fulfilled with life.

Thought of the Day:  There comes a point when we've said "enough is enough".  we might have accumulated debts, possibly substantial, relationships may have suffered, there are numerous reasons.  Yet the day we decide to stop is the day when we are free of this suffering!  It starts from Day 1. We know what we have to do; it's one simple thing. And it's only for today!

"Just for today, I choose not to g*****.  I'll turn by back at every thought, every advert, anything to do with it.  Just for today!"

Enjoy today.  I'm off to vote now - again, we have a choice!  They say a quarter of people never vote and, whilst respecting everyone's right to vote or not, it seems a bit of a shame to me.  If you've never voted, and you're so inclined, give it go.  You don't need your polling card; just turn up.  It's fulfilling and you'll feel good.  You'll have contributed to the outcome 🙂 

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Mixer

Posted : 12th December 2019 9:44 am
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Evening everyone! I’m going to have a break tonight as I’m a bit tired and will be vegging in front of the telly watching the election.

But if anyone wants a chat you’re welcome to post here right now!

I’ll be here till I eventually fall asleep!

Take care everyone.

Mixer

Posted : 12th December 2019 10:04 pm
(@boo-radley)

Enjoy your TV time ?

Posted : 12th December 2019 10:25 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Thank you Boo, will do!

Posted : 12th December 2019 10:31 pm
Fighter_1
(@fighter_1)

Well done everyone.  Let’s keep it going and head towards a gamble free Xmas?

Posted : 13th December 2019 1:07 am
Page 5 / 36

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close