The road to recovery

33 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well I'm back to day 1 again today..

I won't go into details but being away from home and bored got the better of me.

I have had a lot of time to think over the last 12 hours (because there is nothing else to do!) and I have decided that I need to do this for my son.

I will check in again at 5pm as this was another hot time for my gambling.

Good luck today all.

James

Posted : 1st November 2012 10:36 am
(@Anonymous)

Boredom really needs to be conquered if you want to keep this gamble-free recovery journey going.

See if you can think of anything to keep you going - running works for me.

NT

Posted : 1st November 2012 11:49 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Morzy

Couldnt help but notice you didnt check in at 5 0 clock.

Of course you may have been keeping yourself busy.

I have to say what nearlythere has told you is mostly what makes us gamble (boredom).

Dury my early days on this forum i put all my hours into reading and writing on here,not that exciting maybe ,but it did keep me busy.

I like the idea you have come up with about doing it for your son,although you do need to want to do it for yourself aswell.

I also live in Cheshire and i cant say i know of any meetings or councelling that i can tell you about ,but im sure there will be some out there.

What i can tell you though kid is that things do get easier the longer you abstain.

I wish you well Morzy.

All the best Jeff.

Posted : 1st November 2012 9:48 pm
(@Anonymous)

dont let it get ya down. i had more day ones than i can count. guess the only day that matters is today cause its the only one ya got control of. we learn a little from each one and ya got that best foot forward. keep plugging away at it and you'll get to where ya wanna be.

Posted : 1st November 2012 11:49 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Evening all.

Didn't make the check in at 5pm as I was stuck in the car park which is the M6!!

Thanks for the kind words, and you are correct Jeff, I do have to do it for myself to.

Day 2 tomorrow, I have given all of my spare cash to my wife so I am only taking £2 to work for a sandwich.

Onwards and upwards, I know I can do it and i feel that I have the determination this time.

All the best

James

Posted : 1st November 2012 11:54 pm
(@Anonymous)

way to go on your day. and yeah just having change in my podket saved me b**t today. traveling with light pockets pays.

Posted : 2nd November 2012 12:37 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well it's day 2 today, and I'm feeling really positive.

No gambling, and a nice relaxing weekend planned with the family.

Will check in again tomorrow and hopefully it will be day 3 with no bets.

Hope everyone else is doing well also.

James

Posted : 3rd November 2012 12:36 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 3 today and no roulette. It was a really refreshing change to just walk around the town centre without looking for the nearest bookies.

Hope everybody else is having some success in beating their vices.

Will check in again tomorrow.

All the best

James

Posted : 3rd November 2012 9:47 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 4 today, and I won't lie it hasn't been easy.

Had a couple of hours down time whilst my wife was working and my son was out.was very tempted to nip to the bookmakers but I'm pleased to say that I didn't - I cut the grass instead!

It is true that occupying your mind is half the battle.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok?

James

Posted : 4th November 2012 10:50 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Ok well today is my one week anniversary of no gambling! And quite pleased with myself I must say.

It is definately easier to beat this in small steps so its a nice bottle of wine with the wife tonight to celebrate.

All the best

James

Posted : 7th November 2012 9:19 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well, I managed to last 8 days but failed today. I went into the bookies and spent my last £50 on roulette. It was only supposed to be a pound, but as you all know one thing leads to another.

I can describe how gutted i am, maybe I was too confident and thought It was all too easy... I just don't know.

At least my bills are paid for the month, but that was money for lunches etc which I will have to do without now.

Feeling really gutted about it, but it's day 1 again tomorrow.

James

Posted : 8th November 2012 8:33 pm
(@Anonymous)

hi James

sorry about your slip most of us have had them 🙁 but thankfully you had your bills paid,when i had my slip i didn't. :/ i really no how you are feeling but Well done for coming back here, it takes a lot of strength, i didn't come back on after a month or so i would of saved so much money by logging straight back in, oh well we live and learn, Hollie x

Posted : 8th November 2012 9:42 pm
(@Anonymous)

been in them same shoes oh so many times. dont give up and keep pushing forwaed. little by little it sets in we cant win.

Posted : 9th November 2012 1:47 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks for the support guys. I guess that I just feel stupid more than anything, but I suppose that is natural.

Day one again today and I'm not going to gamble!

All the best

James

Posted : 9th November 2012 9:21 am
(@Anonymous)

HI James,

So another lesson learnt about this addiction.

You cant win.. Because you cant stop !!

Not even one pound !

So hopefully now you are that little bit wiser to beating this.

Stay strong and next time the urges come remember this lesson.

Take care

Blondie

Posted : 9th November 2012 11:31 am
Page 2 / 3

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close