well here goes!

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi all!

let me introduce my self, my names mark and today i am starting the journey to stop gambling and better myself!

Yesterday when i got paid i blew £700 and whilst i am angry i did it seems as if i needed to do this to realise enoughs enough!

I now feel as if i can try and quit gambling, dont get me wrong i can be quite lucky but you never see a broke bookie but now im skint! 🙁

I hope by sharing my feelings each day it will help me reach a week, followed by a month, followed by a year!

The problem with me is i get bored, and sometimes when i am depressed i gamble as sort of a self harm thing, i dont care if i win or not!

Anyway enough waffling for now! hope to make some good mates on here and here goes Day one!

Posted : 24th March 2018 9:52 am
(@Anonymous)

That last time is the time that only we know and if this is yours then you do know. Only can get better from here. So I'm told by those who have months and years since the last bet. All the best. You can do this. tara2

Posted : 24th March 2018 4:31 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the detailed story of your gambling problem with us.

I’m glad you find our forum a useful and safe place to share your feelings about your gambling problem.

I do agree with you that sharing your gambling feelings each day will help with your recovery, as it will remind you of what you need to do to abstain from gambling.

Taking it one step at a time, and being patient with yourself is partly what it takes to overcome your gambling problem.

You did say you get bored easily, but have you thought of other activities (apart from gambling) that you can involve so as to distract you from your urges?

I suggest you go and see your GP about your depression if that is making you gamble more.

Maybe you’d like to contact our free phone Helpline on: 0808 8020133, and speak to one of our advisers regarding other help options available to you.

Our lines are open everyday from 8.00am to midnight.

It would be beneficial to you to try and stay in touch with us so we can continue to support you.

Above all, please keep posting!

Best wishes,

Beatrice

Posted : 24th March 2018 9:21 pm
sjw
 sjw
(@sjw)

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the forums. You are not alone in this. Gambling is to many of us used as a form of mental self harm. You need to work out what it is that is making you want to gamble. What void/pian does gambling fill/mask in your life? You need to take steps to stop gambling, block your access to be able to do it and give yourself so time away from the madness gambling creates. Mixed made a great board on here that i'll link you to:

http://www.gamcare.org.uk/forum/want-do-something-read

Take these steps, be tough and honest and recovery can start. Its not easy and you have to commit to change or this can and does get worse.

All the best, keep posting.

Posted : 24th March 2018 9:37 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

well a week in with no slots!

Had a small football bet in the last week but these are not the problem with me at all, its those darn lights that twinkle on the slots!

Well heres hoping i get to 14 days 🙂

Posted : 31st March 2018 7:50 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close