2 Users
0 Likes
PeerSupportTeam
(@agqjnstu1r)
Admin
Topic starter

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Forum’s new topic! 

This month is Stress Awareness Month 2024, so for the rest of April we will be focusing on “stress”. The campaign encourages us to think #LittleByLittle, focusing on improving our wellbeing by taking small positive actions. For more information and resources about stress, please see: https://www.stress.org.uk/

The Stress Management Society discusses how “even the smallest steps taken each day towards self-care and stress reduction can yield significant improvements in mental health over time.” They encourage us to focus on making manageable adjustments to our daily routines. While the impact of small actions on their own may seem little, the overall effects of these habits can end up being huge.

Our first week's topic is "what is stress?"

You may have heard of the fight/flight response before, this is because stress is mostly a physical response due to our situation causing a mix of chemicals and hormones to be released in our bodies. For more information about what stress is, please see: https://www.stress.org.uk/what-is-stress/

Over to you!

How would you describe stress?

What are your warning signs that you are feeling stressed?

How have your stress levels been recently?

We would love to hear your reflections below!

If you have any ideas of topics you would like to see on the Forum, please let us know below.

*We will be running chatrooms focused on stress during this month and would love to see you there! Check the chatroom times here: https://community.gamcare.org.uk/chatrooms/*

All the best,

Lulu

Online Peer Support Team 

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by PeerSupportTeam

Posted : 8th April 2024 8:24 am
(@j5a6meyr4z)

Hi there.

stress for me is a whole mixture of emotions and worrying thoughts! 

Warning signs for me are -  chasing losses and then chasing the lost losses! This then develops further into poor sleep pattern, headaches, poor digestive system, feeling overwhelmed, wanting to isolate myself from others, worrying about the future.

Lately, my stress levels have been through the roof - there’s a surprise!! Why wouldn’t they be when I have gambled almost a whole month’s worth of my hard earned salary in the dark of the night last week and, within just a few hours of receiving it! 🤷🏻‍♀️.  Just typing this and taking me back to a week ago, is making me shake my head in disgust! 

A week on from 1st April……….. the mist is fading. I can breath better and beginning to sleep more. 👍. My “sensible” brain is kicking in again. I am setting my mini goals, which I have always loved doing, (now that my mind isn’t filled with “trying to win more money for the pot)”! Ha! I now know, and have done for quite some time, that the only thing happening was, those gambling sites were just “loaning me” any winnings and were patiently waiting, with a huge smile on their faces and rubbing their hands together, whilst waiting for me to pay them every penny back - and much more, until I ran out!  Well sorry guys, my loan with you has finally reached its expiry date and I am all paid up!!

”April fools - no more the fool”

Take care all and stay strong, focused and determined for your future ahead.

Pink Lady. 🍎.xx

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Pink Lady

Posted : 8th April 2024 11:12 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close