Change in 2017

76 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
Change
(@change)
Topic starter

Day 1 for me - another disgraceful episode of gambling. At least it's day 2 tomorrow.

Posted : 4th January 2017 12:10 am
(@Anonymous)

Change as a long term member
You know what it takes.

You have the ability to put a good number of days down. Like myself it's just that fleeting moment that puts you back.
Only you can make the changes necessary to keep pushing forward.

Keep fighting brother
All the best
Deano

Posted : 4th January 2017 12:31 am
Change
(@change)
Topic starter

Day 2 AM - I will not gamble today!

Posted : 4th January 2017 8:25 am
(@mixer)

That's the spirit, Change. Let's do it this time. I sense a new layer of determination.

Posted : 4th January 2017 8:33 am
(@Anonymous)

Sorry but if you reread all of your previous threads and posts, nothing whatsoever has changed about you and how you binge gamble. You mention how external changes, such as a change in the calendar year or even your son's birth will have the motivational force to save you from yourself. But these changes in time or circumstances haven't changed you so far and how can they?

Real change (if you want it) depends on you, you alone and the choices that you make. Clocking up three figure day counts between binges or doing what it really takes to overcome the addiction? Counselling, GA, and a permanently broken triangle or just will power between binges? A few months clean or looking at the underlying issues? Your choice, but it affects those around you and they don't get to choose for you.

Hope you do start making the choices that will change things.

CW

Posted : 4th January 2017 9:20 am
(@mixer)

I fully agree with you CW. As a recovering/discovering binge gambler myself, with a dozen days between episodes meaning nothing, I've recognised that it really is all or nothing.

Take CW's advice on the chin Moorey - she is right.

Posted : 4th January 2017 9:35 am
Change
(@change)
Topic starter

Day 2 PM - I will not gamble today.

Posted : 4th January 2017 2:08 pm
(@Anonymous)

I hear you Change, you're not going to gamble today but have you read the posts that people have taken the time to write? @ what point will you accept that your way doesn't work? It's not fair to bring a child up in this environment & I get that it's incredibly stressful but you self medicating with gambling helps no-one, least of all you. Get some help, you need it!

Posted : 4th January 2017 2:25 pm
(@Anonymous)

Cynical wife wrote:

Sorry but if you reread all of your previous threads and posts, nothing whatsoever has changed about you and how you binge gamble. You mention how external changes, such as a change in the calendar year or even your son's birth will have the motivational force to save you from yourself. But these changes in time or circumstances haven't changed you so far and how can they?

Real change (if you want it) depends on you, you alone and the choices that you make. Clocking up three figure day counts between binges or doing what it really takes to overcome the addiction? Counselling, GA, and a permanently broken triangle or just will power between binges? A few months clean or looking at the underlying issues? Your choice, but it affects those around you and they don't get to choose for you.

Hope you do start making the choices that will change things.

CW

I found this post very helpful for my recovery

Posted : 4th January 2017 2:52 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Change *

I had a feeling you had relapsed. You have been MIA and if I dare say I noticed you were not posting as much on your challenge.

There is some great advice and you know the drill. If you want I can send you my contact details and if you need some instant support ( i rarely sleep ) then it is there for you.

Keep posting change, dont run

Posted : 4th January 2017 8:55 pm
Change
(@change)
Topic starter

Thanks save myself. I was thinking of doing a runner this lunchtime but good to hear from you *

Posted : 4th January 2017 9:44 pm
Sillycow
(@sillycow)

No running allowed change 🙂

We will all support you, keep posting.

M x

Posted : 4th January 2017 9:57 pm
(@Anonymous)

No running off. It is so hard to say even to yourself youve slipped so I get the need to run.

You have done so well, you have slipped and you need to look at ways to cut off those avenues.

I have been there, closed one route to only discover another ! Such is the ugliness of this addiction.

I have come to learn that as each avenue I have discovered and closed I am out of options now.

Take some deep breaths and look at what went wrong. Look at why.

Here if you need some strength and will keep a look out daily for you *

Posted : 4th January 2017 9:58 pm
Change
(@change)
Topic starter

Day 3 - I will not gamble today

Posted : 5th January 2017 7:21 am
(@Anonymous)

Keep strong change *

Posted : 5th January 2017 11:46 am
Page 1 / 6

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close