day1

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Should be feeling really excited about beating this addiction. Feels like a lot of hard work. But for once its not all about me.I've been given one last bite at the cherry and this time I'm going to take it.determined.

Posted : 24th November 2014 9:59 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 2. Doing good today.in good spirits. No bets today.took my odaat book out today and tried to follow its message. Made some positive decisions and decided I was going to do someone a good turn.oh and I've volunteered to go to Africa in the summer to help with a construction of some sort.

Posted : 25th November 2014 9:54 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 2. Doing good today.in good spirits. No bets today.took my odaat book out today and tried to follow its message. Made some positive decisions and decided I was going to do someone a good turn.oh and I've volunteered to go to Africa in the summer to help with a construction of some sort.

Posted : 25th November 2014 9:54 pm
castle2
(@castle2)

Hi gar

Welcome to the forum

You have made a great start I hope that head is getting clearer and can see what life is for without gambling playing a part , it's a tough journey but be proud your making it

Castle2

Posted : 26th November 2014 10:21 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

3.started back at my Ga meetings tonight.good to see some familiar faces again.took some real positive things home.

Posted : 27th November 2014 12:07 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

4. Another bet free day.thank god.wife's in a pissy mood today so I had to deal with both of us.sometimes I forget how much this has taken out of her. Maybe she needs me to spend more time with her.had good consultation with my councillor this morning.

Posted : 27th November 2014 11:22 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

5.no bets today. Things good today. Productive day at work.bills paid and sitting chilling with the wife .and wait for it..we're actually having a laugh together. Its been a while. Good luck all.

Posted : 28th November 2014 11:34 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Missed a few days here.but still no bets.going to stop counting days for a while. Counting plays with my head. Was asked today to go to my usual haunt but declined 4 times. Kinda pleased with myself but annoyed that I was in that position

Posted : 2nd December 2014 12:54 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Not a good start to the morning. Funds a bit tight but I paid someone off yesterday.. Still b****x feeling today tho.its near Christmas and although my wife has most stuff sorted she would love to go shopping.. We can't do it. Leaving a bad atmosphere this morning. Its times like this that I wish I never gambled.coz things should be so much better

Posted : 3rd December 2014 9:45 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Trying all day to be positive and someone caused trouble for me. And for once it wasn't my fault. Finding it very hard to talk to my wife. Everything she says is so negative. I'm not blaming her in any way. It is me that's caused her to b this way.think that's what's so frustrating. Just because I'm doing OK doesn't mean shes doing OK. I sit thinking if I could just turn back the clock. I have never meant to hurt her,but I've destroyed her mentally. I know she loves me and I do love her more than anything but I can see hatred in her eyes. I know she hates the way I've left her. I know she hates the way she can't trust me. And I know she hates the way she can't determine our future. Our future depends on me. Ironic.its all the things I hate too. Havnt felt the need or urge to gamble lately. Hopefully I'm just getting too old for all the b******t that comes with it.I'm tired of the lies and the scheming and ducking around.

Posted : 3rd December 2014 11:55 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Gar.

You're doing great. It's a very familiar story. I understand and relate to your family life. It's very difficult.

Try hard to not dwell on the past too much and practice living in the now. Time is the greatest healer and the more of it that goes by without betting them the more your financial situation will prove and your wife's respect for you will return. Keep it up mate.

Ian

Posted : 4th December 2014 12:58 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Gar great last post, you summed it up perfectly that could have been me writing that.you do get sick and tired of the lying, deceit, chasing losses, I'm still deceitful now I'm too scared to tell my Mrs I use this forum because I've put her through over 35 years of gambling. She thinks I had it under control, like your Mrs mine can read me like a book she knows when I've had a crashing fall I can see the hatred in her eyes it's not fair to them and we know that. This forum has been the lifeline I needed and I'm sure it will be the same for you. Keep focused mate onwards and upwards Ginger

Posted : 4th December 2014 1:39 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close