206 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
22 K Views
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)
Topic starter

Day 10

Back to work tomorrow after a lovely week off.

I survived not gambling in my week off so hopefully being back at work will make things a bit easier. I can’t say that I’ve had too many urges to gamble but I’ve been keeping myself busy.

My next short term target is to make it until Christmas. I’m focusing all my energy into the run up to Christmas. Buying lots of lovely presents for the ones I love, going out and having a great time with family and friends etc.

It’s what life is all about.

Posted : 4th November 2018 8:35 pm
Donna2501
(@donna2501)

Hey Dan
Not been on for ages, glad your back on the wagon and keeping in control 🙂 keeping yourself busy is the key! You can do this!
Dx

Posted : 4th November 2018 9:28 pm
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)
Topic starter

Hey Donna. Thanks for your encouraging words. I do feel like I’m back on the wagon and back in the zone. I’m pleased to see you doing so well too! Almost 150 days for you. You must be so proud. Keep doing what you do best and smashing those gamble free days.

Take care, Dan x

Posted : 4th November 2018 9:42 pm
Donna2501
(@donna2501)

Glad to hear that Dan! Thankyou also, some days are more of a struggle than others and if I didn't have blocks in place I may have crumbled! I have faith in you 🙂

Dx

Posted : 5th November 2018 2:31 pm
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)
Topic starter

Thank you so much for your love and support, Caught up. As ever it’s greatly appreciated. A cheerleading dance and chant is always welcome in my eyes 🙂

Congratulations on hitting the 150 mark. You’re doing so well and must now be seeing and feeling the benefits of what a gamble free life brings. I’m so proud of your feat!! Keep going, you’re doing great...x

Posted : 6th November 2018 1:27 am
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)
Topic starter

Day 12

Today’s plan is to get through my day at work and then head into town afterwards for a coffee. It’s something I look forward to these days after work. It’s especially nice as we draw closer to Christmas, watching people outside in the streets do their Christmas shopping and getting into the spirit of Christmas. Silly I know but it gives me great comfort and reminds me of the gamble free time I had this time last year.

Roll on 4pm.

Posted : 6th November 2018 7:32 am
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)
Topic starter

Day 13

Unlucky for some?

Well, unlucky for me this morning. Got up at 6am to have a shower when I suddenly heard this loud bang/smash in the bathroom. Stepped out the shower to find my bathroom mirror smashed to pieces. It had somehow fallen off the wall. So I’ve spent the last hour cleaning up the mess.

Not a good omen for the day ahead. But whatever happens, I shall not gamble. That’s the most important fact of the day.

Let’s hope the day gets better.

Posted : 7th November 2018 8:43 am
Donna2501
(@donna2501)

Oh no!! How was the rest of your day?

Dx

Posted : 7th November 2018 6:12 pm
DeterminedDan
(@determineddan)
Topic starter

Thankfully, it got better. Well, at least nothing else bad happened...(touches wood).

Just a big shock this morning to find a shattered mirror on my bathroom floor at 6am! Not the start I wanted.

How was your day? x

Posted : 7th November 2018 9:48 pm
Donna2501
(@donna2501)

Thank goodness for that! My day was fine 🙂 did my Xmas shopping for my two youngest today so just the older two and family to sort now. Really trying with my diet aswell at the moment, aiming for a stone by Christmas then another 3 by next Christmas lol

Dx

Posted : 8th November 2018 8:54 pm
Donna2501
(@donna2501)

Hey Dan

Not heard from you in a while hope all's ok?

D x

Posted : 27th November 2018 8:52 pm
Page 14 / 14

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close