Last Chance

46 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Jez89
(@jez89)
Topic starter

Thank you for responding Kay, that is very kind words. I’m still getting used to the layout of the site. 

Something that has been playing on my mind recently is the closing of a lot of w**********l branches. I worked for w**********l between 2008-2015. I left because I was in a rut and felt that it wasn’t helping my situation as I was a gambling addict. 

Since leaving, I worked at NatWest for 8 months, however that came to an end due to branches closing. I then managed to gain another job and was there for just under 3 years. The first 2 years were good but my team became redundant and I managed to gain a role for the same company in a different department. The new manager that I had was a bully and had taken a dislike to me. This resulted in a chain of events that led to my bipolar diagnosis, me leaving the company and being sectioned. As you’ve mentioned, I’ve since picked myself up from this, family is back to normal, I have gained a new job that I have been at for the past 7 months and it’s going well and works well around my family. 

I have ex-colleagues from w**********l that have picked up fairly large redundancy packages and I just feel gutted really. I left my job there because I wanted to better myself, but it really has been up and down since I left and I really don’t feel that it has all been worth it. It’s been nice to experience new work environments and to have met new people, but I just feel that I made the wrong decision. 

I guess this is the gambler in me, the ‘what ifs’ and I’m finding it hard. I read a lot of posts on here and quite a lot of people say that they are smart, have good jobs, but are just not smart when it comes to gambling. I’m relatively happy with how my new job is going, but I’m not earning loads and I’m not really doing a job that requires much skill and it just makes me feel a bit low. 

I guess I’ve gone on a tangent here and it’s only loosely associated to my gambling, but it’s feelings like this that has made me turn to gambling in the past, because I’m not happy with myself. I’m not saying I’m going to do that now, because I can’t even if I wanted to. I guess I would just like some advice as to how to kick these ‘what if’ thoughts, and me not feeling great about my career situation, out of my head. I would appreciate any advice.

Posted : 21st November 2019 11:02 pm
Page 4 / 4

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close