The 100 Days Club - Would you like to join?

539 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
63.3 K Views
Danpo19892019
(@danpo19892019)

Good morning everyone and thanks Stephen. The weather seems to be against me today so I wont be having any work to do plus i dont have my car back for 7- 10 days so cant pick up any amazon either?, I suppose it's not all doom and gloom as my partner has a few days off work too, so maybe a nice long walk after we have done some house work together, it's all about being a team right ? no secrets, no lies, complete honesty and commitment to each other, something I have lacked a lot of in the past while g*****ng, but not no more.?

I know the finances will sort there selves back out in time, I just cant help but feel a little frustration with myself as if I would of just removed the key from the car I could of saved a hefty £600 plus the weeks loss of earnings from not being able to do amazon?.

Let's not dwell on this to much and take today as it is.

Just for today, I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can , dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously,  critisice not one bit, not find any fault with anything and not try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.?‍♂️

Just for today I choose not to G*****, because I know I can control and will let any urges I get, if any, pass, which they will. 

Have a fun filled and constructive day if possible guys. Make the most out of what you have because remember when you wanted what you have !!! 

All the best Danpo

Posted : 16th January 2020 7:58 am
(@boo-radley)

Hello danpo... The devil he keeps trying. But you are doing a great job of saying get thou behind me Satan.

The money loss.. I feel your aggravation.. But like a little money tree it will grow again.. 

Focus on the good which you seem to be doing anyway. 

Enjoy your day 

Boo ?

Posted : 16th January 2020 10:01 am
(@changing-habit)

Sorry to here what happened to you Danpo. Life will throw us all  curve balls. It's how we deal with it is the main thing and i think you are doing great. I had a gambling dream last night. It was a bit scary when i woke up. I didn't let my thoughts keep it going as that would have been bad. The Devil trys to get you back G****** any way he can. I just think how far I have come and what good things I have got in my life. I don't desire material things any more. I prefer the time and company of my friends and family. Just to enjoy simple things like having a good soak in the bath or reading a book. We have got a great team in the 100 club. So much support and encouragement for each other. I hope all are well and keep up the great work. P. S Boo not long before you reach 100. ? 

Posted : 16th January 2020 5:13 pm
(@boo-radley)

Yes great little network.. Thanks all.. Couldn't be doing this without you ?

Boo x

Posted : 16th January 2020 5:53 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good evening! ***

Danpo - great to read how you're rationalising your recent dip on the rollercoaster of life, and switching it in a way so that you're heading to a crest once again! 

As Boo says: this is when the devil tries his utmost.  And that's a great verse: "Get thou behind me Satan".  Yes, let's keep the faith!

As Boo adds, the money tree will grow.  Imagine you are a business.  You are investing in that business, it will grow.  You will grow.  Sometimes businesses hit cash-flow or other issues.  But you'll rise above this, because you are in this for the long haul.  One valuable day at a time!

Changing habit -  Great post; agree every word.  And, just fancy that, the aforementioned g**ling devil pops up again, even when we're asleep!  But we know this will happen, accept that fact that thoughts unwittingly or otherwise will pass by - but we can deal with it.  The difference between thinking and action is vast.  And we are not going to give this insidious poxy imp the satisfaction on acting on his pathetic demands. Not today!

Boo Radley - and it's great to have you, and Boo too!, part of our colourful clan cheerfully clamouring for a coveted carefree countenance!

So, how are all doing today.  Another g**bling free day?  Yes?  Good good.

Russ (Mark)  -  2nd Feb 2020

Stephen - 10th Feb 2020 (Mixer's birthday!)

Adam123 - Reached target ? new target --> 5th March. 

Franco1875 - 19th Mar 2020

Spendlikewater84 - Hon. Member!

Ineffable - 21st Feb 2020

EsoxLucius  - 28th Feb 2020

Mixer - 13th March 2020

LewisMG - 12th April 2020

Spendspendspend - Hon. member! ?

Boo - 20th Jan 2020

Fighter1 - Hon. Member ! ?

Bertieboo - 10th Mar 2020

Fir tree - 28th Mar 2020

Changing habit - 28th Jan 2020

Danpo 7th Mar 2020

Murlo 11th Feb 2020

Determined to Stop 1st March 2020

Are any of us approaching our targets ... well, I won't say who because I don't want to put a 'hex' on it!  But really looking forwarding to welcoming another Hon, Member to our club soon!

For tomorrow:

"Just for today, I choose not to g**ble. I have the freedom to choose and the wisdom to make the right decision that I'm proud of from the moment I wake up until the moment I fall asleep!"

Posted : 16th January 2020 7:52 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

** Good evening! ***

And I hope you're keeping well.  And warm.  And dry!

I'm indebted to Mark (Russ) for my theme tonight - the Pink Cloud.  I'd never heard of the phrase or what it means, but I think it's worth visiting.

From what I've understood, it refers to that 'pink, fluffy' feeling we get when we first choose not to g**ble.

It's a good time, especially early on, because we are motivated, keen, still feeling raw and guilty perhaps, but have a bit of fire, a bit of a glow in us.

This feeling can last for last days or maybe weeks or longer.

The question is, how do we transition from this early 'euphoria' to a longer time (pleasant) new normality.  This can be a difficult time.

The secret here is to keep motivated; be it with friends, here at Gamcare chat and diaries, GA - keep it going.  It keeps your spirits topped up.

Also, living that different, healthier, more fulfilling life!  Richer in lots of ways.  It's life as it should be lived - even when it doesn't seem that way, let's embrace it! We keep it real, we pace our journey.

Here's another way to look it.  It's a bit like meeting a new partner.  At first, sometimes the relationship can be erm, quite intense as the erm, animal attraction kicks in!  But it does settle over time, and what then endures - you become soul mates as well and partners and lovers.

Let's look at our new non-g**bling relationship as a soulmate over time.  And what does a soulmate do?  Look out for you, and want the best for you - unconditionally. 

(And incidentally, we've all got a soulmate, even if we don't have a partner.  It might be a close friend, relative, spiritual guide, or us here.)

Let's keep it real and manage our journey from the Pink Cloud to the sunshine and good times beyond.

For tomorrow:

"Just for today I choose not to gamble.  I'm going to pace the day, there's no rush, no hurry and I will not be fazed if a g**bling thought passes me by.  I'll just toss it into the bin!"

Have a great weekend everyone.

Mixer

P.S.  In my replies just night I got Boo and Boo Radley a bit muddled up.  Sorry about that! 2 Boo of not 2 Boo ...!

This post was modified 4 years ago by Mixer

Posted : 17th January 2020 10:15 pm
(@adam123)

Morning and welcome to a lovely weekend.

Posted : 18th January 2020 12:09 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Thank you Mixer for the updates and the words of wisdom and support from yourself and other friends who have posted on the 100 Day thread.

It is a bright, sunny day in the north east so I am shortly off for a walk with a coffee stop somewhere along the way. Probably stroll through Queens Gardens than along the riverside and onto the pier.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Stephen x 

Posted : 18th January 2020 12:59 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good evening! ***

I hope you're having an enjoyable weekend.  A bit of a gloomy time of year outside, for sure, but let's think about when we're inside and warm and cosy.  And if you are working right now, or on shifts, well, we're with you and look forward to you experiencing your own free time at home soon.

Russ (Mark) - yup, you did it right! Very interesting information there; thank you.

Adam - and likewise to you!  I'm in the Chat Room with you as I write so doubtless we'll catch up!

Stephen - sounds like a pleasant route on a fresh, invigorating day like today.  I hope you had an enjoyable saunter, my friend.

Here are our target dates, reachable one day at a time!

Russ (Mark)  -  2nd Feb 2020

Stephen - 10th Feb 2020 (Mixer's birthday!)

Adam123 - Reached target ? new target --> 5th March. 

Franco1875 - 19th Mar 2020

Spendlikewater84 - Hon. Member!

Ineffable - 21st Feb 2020

EsoxLucius  - 28th Feb 2020

Mixer - 13th March 2020

LewisMG - 12th April 2020

Spendspendspend - Hon. member! ?

Boo - 20th Jan 2020

Fighter1 - Hon. Member ! ?

Bertieboo - 10th Mar 2020

Fir tree - 28th Mar 2020

Changing habit - 28th Jan 2020

Danpo 7th Mar 2020

Murlo 11th Feb 2020

Determined to Stop 1st March 2020

Sunday tomorrow!  I hope it's as restful for you as it can be.  If' you're working, we're thinking of you, too!

For tomorrow:

"Just for today I choose not to g**ble.  Today, I'm choosing life - not misery. And the mere thought of that makes me smile!"

Keep it strong everyone - we're all with you!

Mixer

This post was modified 4 years ago by Mixer

Posted : 18th January 2020 9:17 pm
(@lewismg)

Hi everyone I hope you are all well and enjoy the weekend?

I have had a busy few days with my family and happily spending the money I might ok gambled on them!!!

And I am so happy to say I am 15 days gamble free and feel great about it!!! Thank you all, this group has become a positive part of my journey and can’t thank you enough ?

LMG

Posted : 18th January 2020 10:03 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good afternoon! ***

And hope you're having a good weekend whatever you're up to.  Yes, it might be a bit of skint time generally - I've noticed quite a few unexpected costs arising this month - but let's never forget, when we go g**ling-free we're in it for the long haul.  In time, we'll find ourselves in a much better position than the miserable alternative.

We may have a few years' debts to clear, but clear them we will and we will be in a much better position and much more fulfilled, too.  Let's always enjoy, even if funds are a bit more restricted, life in the meantime and live it the best we can.

'Time heals' in lots of different ways.  It heals us, repairs us, and we are wise enough to recognise this.  This why you are here, part of our '100 day club' and on the road to recovery.

Holidays on a budget

If money's a bit tight - and I'm in a similar boat - then here are some ideas for some bargain holidays, even in peak season!  And off peak, well, you can get a real steal.  You might even bump into me - I'll be in the bar!

Jersey Jersey is great for a stay of up to a week.  Very reasonable flights even in the height of summer - easyjet.com.  B&Bs from £42 a night even in the summer - booking.com. Stay in St. Helier. Bus from the airport to St Helier, £2.20 a ride! Plenty to do, seaside etc, prices similar to the UK (although food a little dearer).  Really nice place to visit. 

Faro Portugal - rooms and apartments start from around £12 a night (I stayed at an apartment for £12 a night for 5 nights last year - full mod cons, lovely place).  Vilamoura very nice, near the marina. Albafura very lively. Other towns in the Algarve very nice too. Flights a bit pricy in peak times, but off-peak can be a steal.  Google yellowfish taxis for great value return taxi -> apartment/hotel service. 

Book all the above through topcashback.co.uk (register for free) to get 2-5% cashback of the total cost.

Need more holiday suggestions? Just ask!

Lewis - delighted to see you're on the right path.  It's great to have you join us and what a great way you're spending your money! 

Today we have made our vow.  For tomorrow:

"Just for today, I choose not to g**ble.  I did this yesterday, and I am continuing today. Whatever happens, I remain focussed on the road ahead."

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone!

Posted : 19th January 2020 3:54 pm
Danpo19892019
(@danpo19892019)

Hello friends, sorry for my absence. I'm feeling quite low at the moment as not been working due to my problem with the car as you all know, also the weather hasn't been easent so haven't been able to get on them roofs?.

I'm kind of doing what I shouldn't be and sitting here feeling g sorry for myself while my Bill dates are round the corner and I'm not accumulating any money at all. I know I should look for a positive but it's hard right now, I know this time next week I'll probably be full of joy. 

I'm 52 days gf now which is an achievement so that's a positive, I still have a massive hate towards g*****ng as that's the reason I'm in this position.

I hope you all are well.

P.s mixer I would love to take my family on holiday hopefully this year as we have been together for 10 years and not yet left the country, the last time I had a holiday was like 15 years ago.

Anyway I hope you are all staying strong and keep that way, we all know sometimes it gets us when we low. Not me , not this time. 

?? I'll be back guys. Peace and love xx

Posted : 19th January 2020 5:16 pm
(@lewismg)

Danpo stay strong mate! This time of the year is hard on us in construction, the weather is s**t and work is slow, but you know it will get better soon buddy!!! Keep positive thoughts going, keep hating gambling, but loving life!!! And think of that holiday mate, it will happen, it just might take a bit longer but it will happen!!!!

Stay strong mate!!!

16 days gamble free and your support is a big part of that, thank you all!

LMG

Posted : 19th January 2020 9:00 pm
Danpo19892019
(@danpo19892019)

Thanks ineffable and lewis.

Lewis it helps me to know that I am helping you, we dont need that poison in our lives, today I've woke up determined to have a better one, to start I'm going to have a walk for a solid hour to clear the mind, then come back and do some housework, while I feel powerless atm to earn money at least I still have the power to be constructive in some way?. 

Let's hope for my car to come back today, well the key to be sent from the main dealer to the garage, apparently takes 6-10 days for key to be made, it's been with them since last Tuesday. ???

Here's to a better brighter day, hope everyone can find something that makes them happy today. 

Posted : 20th January 2020 9:04 am
(@changing-habit)

Well done Boo Honourey 100 club member. All the best for the next mile stone. ??

Posted : 20th January 2020 11:55 am
Page 24 / 36

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close