The 100 Days Club - Would you like to join?

539 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
62.8 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Danpo I admire your resilience and strength of character for you are keeping a positive mindset throughout very challenging times. I honestly believe that by not gambling, you will, in the future, be able to look back with a sense of pride and relief that you stayed strong when your back was up against the wall. 

Congratulations Boo Radley as you celebrate the 100th day in your great adventure.

Today it is Blue Monday or so some people claim

But each and every other day to me is much the same

By throwing off chains of addiction we said: "enough is enough"

And we will not surrender on days when the going gets tough

Stephen x 

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 20th January 2020 2:58 pm
Bigmug
(@bigmug)

I'm determined to give this a go,did give up gambling in past before for about a year but started again but am determined to succeed this time,my last bet was earlier today and as usual a losing bet,I must do this for my sanity and before it cleans me out,so I want to join this club.tia

Posted : 20th January 2020 8:12 pm
Bigmug
(@bigmug)

Posted : 20th January 2020 9:48 pm
(@lewismg)

Hi everyone, sorry for a late quick check in, but happy to say 17 days gamble free!!!

Its my baby girls birthday tomorrow and I can’t be happier!!!

LMG

Posted : 20th January 2020 10:42 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good evening! ***

Wonderful and Boo-tiful!

And let's launch straight in to congratulate Boo Radley for reaching the 100 day milestone!  This really matters - that's over 3 months, and a number of intervening paydays, proving that it can be done.  And this of course is just the start, and what a start.  Fantastic Boo, you are now an Hon. Member!  As we talked about on chat, I'm added another 30 days target as you get used to your new tier of membership!

We welcome Bigmug to our club.  You've done it before; you can do it again!  I've set you a 100 day target, always reachable one day at a time.  Great to have you with us.

Lewis - We wish you and your daughter a really special day tomorrow.  And 17 days GF, that's the best present your family could ask for.

Ineffable - Double determined if we fall ... I like that.  We can do this!

Danpo - I echo all the wise and kind words shared by all of us on this thread.   They say it's how we handle the setbacks that makes us as a person, and without question you are coming up trumps.  That's not to say it's easy - we are all human after all - but you're doing good, my friend.  You're treating the rollercoaster of life with respect ... it will respect you back.

Stephen - Quite agree, let's banish those blue Monday blues.  Which made me wonder, when frogs get down, do they get the greens 🙂   Anyway, you're right - we will not surrender when the going gets tough.  It's made me think of a little 8-word ditty actually, Stephen:

No Way

Not Today

G**ling

Can go away  (or substitute your own more earthy final line!)

Here's the latest!

Bugmug - 29th Apr 2020

Russ (Mark)  -  2nd Feb 2020

Stephen - 10th Feb 2020 (Mixer's birthday!)

Adam123 - Reached target ? new target --> 5th March. 

Franco1875 - 19th Mar 2020

Spendlikewater84 - Hon. Member! 🙂

Ineffable - 21st Feb 2020

EsoxLucius  - 28th Feb 2020

Mixer - 13th March 2020

LewisMG - 12th April 2020

Spendspendspend - Hon. member! ?

Boo - Hon. Member! Yeesss! 🙂 Extra settling-in period --> 20th Feb! 🙂

Fighter1 - Hon. Member ! ?

Bertieboo - 10th Mar 2020

Fir tree - 28th Mar 2020

Changing habit - 28th Jan 2020

Danpo 7th Mar 2020

Murlo 11th Feb 2020

Determined to Stop 1st March 2020

What a great way to round off today, a new Hon. Member to our club.  Let's keep 'em coming!

For tomorrow:

"Just for today, I choose not to g**ble.  In fact, just thinking about it makes me ill with all the pain it has given me.  I don't want that anymore.  Just for today, I'm absolutely certain."

Have a great week everyone,

Mixer

This post was modified 4 years ago 3 times by Mixer

Posted : 20th January 2020 11:41 pm
(@boo-radley)

Love it.. ?  Nite n bless all

Boo ?

Posted : 21st January 2020 12:11 am
Bigmug
(@bigmug)

Thanks mixer here's hoping 

Posted : 21st January 2020 6:09 am
(@vinnie)

I’m on day twenty  can I join pls x

Posted : 21st January 2020 2:06 pm
(@boo-radley)

All aboard zoe ? Boo 

Posted : 21st January 2020 4:06 pm
miked
(@miked)

Im on day 12 can I join please? Fantastically positive thread this great work all

Posted : 21st January 2020 4:13 pm
(@lewismg)

Thanks everyone, day 18 celebrating with my family, priceless now I am seeing things clearly and I’m in control!

LMG

Posted : 21st January 2020 9:15 pm
(@lewismg)

Well done boo, so pleased for you ?

Posted : 21st January 2020 9:17 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

*** Good evening! ***

And I hope you're keeping well this chilly Tuesday.  But, whatever we're up to, inside or outside, we'll eventually be inside and warm. 

Easy to say, I know, but we could be in a worse part of the world.

That's never to say that we haven't got our problems and our demons, because we have.  And I'd never belittle them, because they have caused us significant harm and upset, me included.

But it never hurts, as we recover, to remember the good things too.

New member to our club!

Zoe, welcome!  It's great to have you aboard and on a solid start, 20 days gambling free!  That puts you on a 100-day target of ... drum roll please ... the 10th April.  Day to day, with your determination, blocks in place, loved ones' support, Gamcare support, and us, you'll get there, one day at a time.  (What a great team you have behind you, eh!)

Lewis - I hope you had a great day today, your daughter's birthday an' all! 18 days GF, great stuff!

Boo - 101 days now, 'Dalmation Day' has been reached 🙂 

We can tame this g***ling beast, one day at a time.  Today is in the bag, right?  Good.

For tomorrow, let's prepare:

"Just for today, I choose not to gamble.  If a thought slips into my head, I'll slip it out again.  No problem, no trouble. I am at peace, just for today".

Have a great evening everyone, and an enjoyable Wednesday.

Let's not forget, when we're g**bling free, at might be January the whatever or August the wotsit. It doesn't matter.  We've already started the day, whatever it is, on a positive!

Mixer

This post was modified 4 years ago by Mixer

Posted : 21st January 2020 9:26 pm
Bigmug
(@bigmug)

First day gamble free,was ok did think of it but then I thought about the losses,and the fact I want to beat this disease

Posted : 21st January 2020 10:56 pm
(@changing-habit)

You are more than welcome to join Miked. This is a great place to be. Fight the Devil of G********. Life is so much  better with out it. No more keeping secrets no more avoiding people no more crying ourselves to sleep at night. All the best to all our new members. 

Posted : 22nd January 2020 10:49 am
Page 25 / 36

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close